Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kat555lady Posts: 88, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Alternative software for quicktime
    I don't know what quicktime software is used for so can someone tell me what this program is for? I think it came with my camera software. My computer seems to start up and run slower now. Is there other software programs that do the same thing as quicktime and could you name some? I'm using a HP Pavilion slimline computer, running windows vista and using IE
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 28, 2007, 08:50 PM
    Quicktime is from Apple and use to play video files (.MOV). Some web sites require Quicktime to display these videos.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 12:02 AM
    If you don't want to bother with quicktime for any reason there is QuickTime Alternative 2.2.0

Here is the link with info regarding quicktime alternative
    Free-Codecs.com : QuickTime Alternative 2.2.0 : QuickTime Alternative will allow you to play QuickTime files (.mov, .qt and other extensions) without having to install the official QuickTime Player.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quicktime virus [ 2 Answers ]

I keep getting an error when I try to log on to itunes. I just brought a new iPod and I can't get to itunes. The error says itunes has encountered an error and needs to close we are sorry for the inconvience. Also if you go directly through quick time I get Buffer overrun detected. I have tried...

Quicktime player [ 2 Answers ]

Why do I see a quicktime player logo with the question mark on every website? I am using mac.

Quicktime on Mac [ 1 Answers ]

Pleas help me... Im user Mac my problem is when I want to open any movies in quick time player Always appear question mark ?

Quicktime [ 3 Answers ]

I'm not really sure what kind of program quicktime is classified as, but was wondering is there any other programs that can do the same thing that quick time does?

Installing Quicktime on win xp [ 3 Answers ]

I need quicktime program to view tutorials for school. Have tried everything I can think of. Will down load and begin to install. When it reads"publishing" the wizard is interrupted and process stops. Heeeelllllllllllllp! :confused:

View more questions Search