Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roadrun4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Itunes will not download or recognize IPOD

Hi! My sister got a 3rd generation iPod for christmas. The itunes that we had on our computer would not recognize her iPod. I tried searching the internet for suggestions, and restarted the computer like 4 times. Nothing seemed to work. I plugged my 2 yr old iPod up and itunes recognized it immediately. I tried downloading the latest version of itunes and it kept saying there was a PC error, etc. So I removed the older itunes from our computer completely (in hopes the new one would download) and it is still giving me the same error message. HELP! :(
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2007, 10:27 AM
    It's possible that the old itunes is synced with your old iPod.

You've uninstalled the old itunes?

Unplugged all ipods from the comp.

Install new itunes that came with the iPod or via apple.com

What error message do you get?
    roadrun4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 04:58 PM

I have uninstalled the older version and have several times to reinstall the new version. Keeps telling me that QuickTime could not be installed completely. I have deleted unused programs from the C drive and have defragmented the C drive to try to open up more space. Tried again, and received the same message. I am going to try to download version 7.1 to see if that will work, instead of 7.5. I was getting a message earlier that it could not complete the installation. Didn't say why. Any suggestions as to why QuickTime might not be downloading or if there is a way to download itunes without downloading QuickTime?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I only use iTunes to download songs for my iPod legally? [ 4 Answers ]

I have downloaded a lot of songs from iTunes, and the list of songs I really want but can't find on iTunes, just keeps growing. I'm pretty sure the songs are available somewhere on the internet, but some are not actually on albums, and so I can't find them in the library either. I know about...

Itunes and iPod [ 3 Answers ]

I have about 1000 songs on my itunes but I can only get about 700 on my iPod. They were all on their before but then I downloaded a music video and it too won't go on the iPod. On itunes it has about 4 gb but only about 3gb is going on my iPod. I have a iPod classic 80 gb. How can I get all of...

Ipod and itunes [ 1 Answers ]

My iPod want show up in itunes or windows what do I do

View more questions Search