Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DeAnna1983 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 09:14 AM
    Erase bad debt
    How can I get paid items that were in collections removed from my credit report? I have paid down many items in my credit report but they are still there. I want them to be completely removed. Is this possible?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 28, 2007, 10:25 AM
    You need to talk to the creditor who is making the bad reports on your account.

See if they will reset your reports based on the fact fact that you are paing the regularly now.
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Dec 29, 2007, 03:17 PM
    If it has gone from the original creditor to a collection agency, usually that original creditor won't change the comments on the report. The debt to that creditor has not been repaid- you are paying the collection agency- and usually much less than the original debt.

The negative comments will remain for (depending on state) usually 7 years. It serves as a warning/notification to future creditors regarding your history of repayment. Sorry.
    DeAnna1983 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Well the items in collections have been paid. On my credit report its reads this collection has been paid in full or less than original amount. My question is... since the item is paid how can it be removed from my credit report?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 29, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Generally such things will be removed after 7 years. As long as the entry is accurate, you can't get it removed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Erase Computer [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know how to completely wipe out my computer due to a virus that made it so I can't login anymore. I want to wipe it out and reboot it. I have the software to reboot it but I don't know of to erase everything off it. Please help me!:eek:

I erase my multimedia audio controller [ 1 Answers ]

I erase my sound stuff on accident, Here is my desk top computer. Dell Computer Corporation Dimension 2300 A02 System Service Tag: DN2N021 (support for this PC) Chassis Serial Number: DN2N021:)

How to erase stuff of the Hard Drive [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, Can anyone tell me how to erase an old O/S from the H/D. I have got a 160GB H/D and I installed Wins 98 then I up-graded to Wins XP Home.I think I followed the instructions to Partition and Format it,but when I had finished all I had left on the H/D memory is 1.86GB's so where did the other...

Erase History [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any freeware available that will complete erase any trace of history or cookie files?

Can Ad-Aware Goof & erase good files? [ 3 Answers ]

Before I ran Ad-Aware I could plug a monitor into my dell laptop and have a mirror image of the laptop screen. After running Ad-Aware the moniter screen stays blank (dark). Could there be a connection? I don't want to jump to conclusions.

View more questions Search