Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Barryoldfart Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 05:07 AM
    Best back brace?
    I have 2 degenerative disc in my lower back a small spir at my hip and the on set of arthritis in my lower back I am a truck drive and do some bending and lifting in my job but mostly it's the compression of sitting and bouncing in the seat that is the issue. Does anyone have first hand advice as to witch backbraces may aid in my pain and help protect my back as I work. I have started looking for a backbrace but am overwhelmed by the different types and have no clue where to start to evaluate them and my family doctor had no real recommendations on material style or functions of each type or differences between types information and first had use for my circumstance would be most helpful. TY Barry
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 28, 2007, 06:26 AM
    I suggest you visit an occupational therapist to assess your backbrace requirement. I do believe these have to be made to order and I am surprised your doctor couldn't recommend an OT to do this. This is the normal procedure with my clients.
    steelspine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 09:04 PM
    Orthotics makes some great ones I also have bad back
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 25, 2008, 09:16 PM
    Maybe sit on a "doughnut" in your truck?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Teen scoliosis and the SpineCor brace [ 4 Answers ]

I figured out I had scoliosis about a year ago and I started with a 17 degree curvature and now it has increased to 20 degrees. I'm getting a brace, and most likely it will be the SpineCor brace. A few questions about it are. Is it uncomfortable? And is it detectable under clothing cause being in...

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

Overall Spinecore Brace comfortableness& fashion [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I am 15 years old, and will soon get a Spinecore brace. The thing is, I like to wear abercrombie clothes, and abercrombie clothes Are rather "tight." Will I still be able to wear a cami with a Spinecore brace? I also noticed that it has a bottom part. Will it show up against jeans?...

Stud wall brace required or not [ 2 Answers ]

We are having a home built and we have 9 to 10 foot ceilings throughout. During framing there were metal strips nailed instead of using the old 2x4 braces. These were done on some of the inside walls but not all of them. It seems that any wall that runs from left to right looking in from the door...

View more questions Search