Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1CMM Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 10:09 PM
    How to get recognized/heard
    Hello one of my passions in life is singing. I want to know how do I get started in this industry, how or who can I speak to to get started or noticed. I watch people on TV like Keisha Cole and see her story. All I want is to be heard, to be given an opportunity to showcase this God given talent that was given to me and hopefully make it big not just for the fame but for the Love of singing. I would love to work with Fred Hammond, T-Bone and also CeCe Winans. All I want is a chance. How or who do I speak to better yet if you read this can you give take a chance on me.

Thanks For Listening,

Marie T.;) :) :D
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2007, 10:14 PM
    Where are you currently doing the singing that you are doing?
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2007, 03:05 AM
    Hello, Marie!

The reason that I asked where you are currently doing the singing that you are doing is because knowing the answer makes a difference as to how to respond to your question.

We don't know what kind of music it is that you do now and want to do later, where you have experienced singing, how much singing experience you actually have or where you are located. Where you are located might have a bearing on the opportunities that you will have for exposure.
    1CMM Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Lil About My Song Life
    Hey Again,

I have been singing since I can remember. I sung in choir since 1st grade. I joined the advanced choirs and any other they offered in school. I also sing and have sung in all my church choirs since I was a little girl. I first noticed I wanted to be a singer when I was at least 5. I also use to sing in the park with my sisters and cousins for the fun of it. It keeps me calm. When I am in a mood (good and bad) it makes me feel better and put me in a better mood. I am in Michigan so I know there are not that many opportunities down here but I always pray for a miracle and a blessing. I want to sing the gospel. I would'nt mind doing a little R&B ( I do like Alicia Keys and some of Keisha Cole). So if that info would help answer my question better here it is, just a little info about my music history. All I want is a chance To be heard. A miracle could happen I am a believer. ;) ;)
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 03:31 AM
    How old are you, please? And, are you still in school? If so, what grade are you in? Knowing the answers to those two questions does make a difference in how other answers will be composed.

Wow! So, you are into church music. So am I. Are you into musical theater at all? If you are, then there might be opportunities for you to be in and sing in community theater and/or school productions. Doing those sorts of things would be part of helping you to get known in the music scene.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 30, 2007, 07:42 AM
    Some more info needed. Do you only sing as part of the choir or have you soloed? Have you discussed this with your music teachers in school? What have they said about your talent?

If you watch American Idol (for example), you will see dozens of people who thought they had great singing voices only to be put down by the panel. I'm not saying this is you, what I'm saying is before you spend time trying to become a famous singer, you really need an honest assessment of your talent.

If your main goal is to sing for the enjoyment of it, you might consider a career as a music teacher.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 30, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Many things, first to be careful there are 100's of crooks out there that have "show cases" where you pay a fee and they promise to have people form the industry to listen. Well unless those people are the janitors seldom do they have anybody there, but there will be 100's of people perform and guess what most are then offered a deal where they pay 10's of thousands of dollars to do a record, photo shots and so on.

So please be very careful and not allow desire to cloud common sense either. But then there are real events, for example if you do gospel, there are 1000's of coffee houses all across the US that offer opportunities for open mike nights, If you are over 18, there are also a lot of dinner clubs and night clubs that offer a open mike also.

Then there are places ( if you are county) like the Blue Bird Café in Nashville that does hold read try outs.

Also if your music is OK for nursing homoes ( they may not be into rap) you arrange to perform there for free to get experience.

And next you take lessons, learn voice control, range, pitch and more, even most of the best always still keeps voice coaches that travel with them.

My wife was a coach for a while, she used to prep people before they did auditions and you would be surprised who all used and still use coaches.

And then also remember for every one major famous star, there are 1000's of great singers that still make a living at singing but are never nationally known.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard Drive Not Recognized [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Thanks for providing this service. I desperately need help on trouble-shooting my hard drive. It has all my data and does not bootup as a Master or accessible as a Slave. I have checked all the cables, jumpers, and the BIOS settings. At booting the message says, " Operating System Not Found."...

USB stick not recognized [ 1 Answers ]

When I connect any USB stick to my PC , first it seems to be detected but afterwards a message 'Found new hardware' pops up, trying to recognize the stick but in vain. So?!

Drive Not Recognized in Windows XP [ 2 Answers ]

!! PLEASE HELP ME!! Okay, I have been beating my head against the wall for two days now, and I have been without my system for a week, so I'd really appreciate the help. I built a system three days ago and everything was going perfectly had programs up and functioning great. I have two...

Printer not Recognized [ 7 Answers ]

I am very new to networking. I recently setup a Linksys Wireless network for 3 of the computers in my house. All computers are running XP Pro. I did not use the Windows Wireless Network setup wizard. I simply configured the router then use the provided software with the cards and enabled WEP. I...

USB Device not recognized [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 laptops Toshiba : one is a PORTEGE 7200 and the other Tecra 8000. Both worked perfectly with a USB Wireless adapter Linksys WUSB54G on Windows 2000 until last week. After I installed Windows XP professional, both stopped recognizing the USB wireless adapter. I have "USB Device not...

View more questions Search