Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bonzai95 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 08:09 PM
    Free space around a panel
    I'm building a new house, and just finished with the electrical inspection.

Today, I get to the site, and the HVAC people have run ductwork right next the panels in the basement.

The panel on the right is the main panel, the one on the left is a 60 AMP sub panel.

The clear space rules for panels (as I remember them anyway) say a width of 30 inches and a minimum height of 78 inches. It doesn't say anything about whether that is centered on the panels or what.

Does it look like this will still pass or do I need to get the HVAC stuff moved?

John
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2007, 06:11 AM
    No, the 30 " dedicated space does not need to be centered on a panel, it can start from the edge of the panel.

So you should be OK.
    bonzai95 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 07:57 AM
    YAY!

Thanks!

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend left because she needed space. Giving her space, but how do I get her back [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up with me. She said that she needed space. The reasoning behind this is that she says she just felt unhappy for a while, because of some of my actions. I love her dearly, and I have been giving her the space she has requested. She says that she loves me, but...

Breaker size in main panel to support sub panel? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am wiring a sub-panel to the outside of my home (50 feet from main 200 amp box). I ran 3 wire - 6 gauge. What is the largest 2 pole breaker I can put in the main panel to supply the sub-panel. TYPE NM-B 6-3 WITH GROUND 600 VOLTS CIRTEX-I EZ-STRIP (R) PLUS 17:11 2/5/07 SB/RC ...

200 AMP Service panel to 200Amp Sub Panel [ 1 Answers ]

I getting new 200Amp service to surface mount service panel. I want to run 2oo cable to bring it sub panel in my Garage which is approx 120Ft Run through ceiling. 2 Questions 1. Is there any ristriction on running a 200AMP inside house to garage ? 2. I got a dirt cheap subpanel that has...

Main Circuit Panel to Branch Panel? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello experts, OK... My Main Load center in my home has a branch circuit connected to a 60 amp breaker. The branch feed wire is a 4awg copper wire. The branch panel is downstairs and it has a 100amp main cutoff breaker installed in it. It feeds the whole downstairs including... (1)...

Kenmore Elite Dryer Toe panel - how to get panel OFF! [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Model # 110.600094990 27 inch Electric Dryer - NOW How the heck does one take the Toe Panel Off / or Open this lower section of the dryer? There are two lower edge clips and two upper edge retainers. I CAN NOT get the panel to budge! This is a 7 yr old unit. Thx DAS

View more questions Search