Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    outis_ismyname Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 07:02 PM
    What to do about this feeling?
    So Its winter break and I should be happy to finally be away from school for a while. Its strange then that I can't even feel a twinge of good will from anyone. Maybe its just me but I feel totally alienated from my friends. My family has been very kind but often a bit rude to me. Since christmas I decided to try calling a few friends to see of we could hang out for a while. I had asked them prior to the break if they had anything major planned after christmas, most said 'nothing in particular'. I guess that nothing is quite a something.

Every time I sit down somewhere I feel extremely lethargic, empty and bereft of the will to get up. I just want to sit around and do nothing, which is something I dislike incredibly. On top of all this I recently realized that I'm in love, and the girl is a close friend. As far as I know she is out of town right now, but every day I feel more and more empty. To try to get past the feeling I have been playing video games.

Now the enthrallment of video games has begun to wear off, and it will be a whole week before school starts up again. Is there anything I can do?

Thank you so much for reading :)

Edit: In all honesty I didn't know whether to put this here or in relationships or other people :/
    SBowman Posts: 71, Reputation: 6

Dec 27, 2007, 07:30 PM
    You might not be outcast by your friends or family, you might just be hitting an emotional slump at the moment. Nothing is permanent, so this issue will blow over whether you want to do something about it or not, but the best you can do is hang in there, at the very least. If it does become unbearable, you would want to talk to a close friend one at a time, and this doesn`t have to be in person, this could be on the phone, on the internet, or however you want it, and then slowly move it into person.

If friends aren`t available, siblings or cousins can help you. Parents, although they try to be understanding and helpful, many have difficulties seeing their child(ren) as something other than their child(ren), so its difficult for them sometimes to understand issues they might see differently, and that could hurt you even more given the situation. So if you appeal to family, try someone near your age, or preferably a sibling who`s mature.

Regarding your love issues, there`s not much you can do about that until she returns. Firstly, unless you`re completely sure its love and not lust (as 90% of it is), then you need to accept that harboring feelings of love will most likely hurt you even more, so you need to prepare yourself before doing anything on that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not feeling well [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I haven't really been feeling well for about a year already. I have been having headaches, feel nauseous, shaky, and trouble breathing. The doctors haven't really found anything yet, other then that I had skuliosis. I have been going to the chiropractor for about five months already. Are...

Feeling Ignored [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm 16 years old and I have a question. My parents got divorced when I was 8, and my mom got a boyfriend right away, and eventually married him. I liked him then, he was nice, and my mom liked him, so I wanted her to be happy. They've had 2 kids since then, and now I feel like I'm totally...

What is this feeling? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 5 weeks and this is my third. I have this pinching feeling in my vigina. Is this normal? Also everyone says you get tired in early pregnant but I don't feel tired at all. Is this normal?

Why I got this feeling? [ 24 Answers ]

Hii my name is caroline hey I don't know I love my man but I'm so insecure , n is not I don't trust him but I been hurt lot of time and I'm just scared that happen again , now my question its this normal in person? Please can some body help me because I think I'm going carzy I can't sleep, I...

I still have feeling for my ex [ 7 Answers ]

Hey You! Well I really like this guy and he asked my out a couple of days ago. I really do like him and would go out with him but for some reason I scared of getting hurt again.I think I still have feeling for my ex. In the past relationship my boyfriend cheated on me with this girl he goes to...

View more questions Search