Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Roar94 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Snowblower exhaust blueish
    My snow blower requires a 50:1 gas oil mix. That should equal 1 gal of gas to 2.56oz of oil. The exhaust has a blueish cast to it and the oder is a bit strong. Do I have too much oil or need to tweek it and add a bit more??

Thanks for your help

June
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Sounds like you need to adjust the carb a little. Also I would use the highest octane fuel I could.
    lawnman14 Posts: 37, Reputation: 0

Jan 3, 2008, 06:44 PM
    Make sure you have oil that can be mixed with gas like the stuff for weedwakers
    Can not use regular oil
    Questionshelp Posts: 153, Reputation: 1
    -

Jan 16, 2008, 05:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Roar94
    My snow blower requires a 50:1 gas oil mix. That should equal 1 gal of gas to 2.56oz of oil. The exhaust has a blueish cast to it and the oder is a bit strong. Do I have too much oil or need to tweek it and add a bit more???

Thanks for your help

June
    You can never have too much oil in your gas. If you’re off by an ounce or two you are getting into trouble. It's better to have more then less. The oil is to lubricate your engine since it does not take oil internally like most engines. As well never us car motor oil for cars/trucks. Ask your local hardware store for the oil mix for your gas.
    Corner Brook Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Jan 16, 2008, 05:39 AM
    Comment on Questionshelp's post
    Nice answer
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 16, 2008, 07:42 AM
    "You can never have too much oil in your gas" are you sure you want to say this?? I do not know what surprises me more, your statement or the fact that someone else thinks this is a nice answer. It is important that people who attempt to answer a question on AMHD actually have training or background on the subject. It is not a blog board.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 16, 2008, 07:51 AM
    I won't hit with a disagree, but too much oil is at least as bad as not enough oil.
    Fouling the plug and creating excess pollution, plus you could actually damage the engine if it should hydro-lock on unburned fuel mix. Get as close as you can.
    Being off-mix slightly is normal: who can measure down to the tenth of an ounce?
    Make sure the spark being generated is strong enough and that you have the correct spark plug installed.
    -

Jan 16, 2008, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    "You can never have too much oil in your gas" are you sure you want to say this???? I do not know what surprises me more, your statement or the fact that someone else thinks this is a nice answer. It is important that people who attempt to answer a question on AMHD actually have training or background on the subject. It is not a blog board.
    Well have a look at this site.
    Gas Oil Mixture Ratio Calculator
    And 2nd I have a dozen of oil to gas mixture of engines for over 12 years so I think I know what I am talking about. Next time look up what you are talking about before submitting your comments on this matter. Thank you

Jan 16, 2008, 08:23 AM
    You know what you are talking about but you stick with that answer? I read "Gas Oil Mixture Ratio Calculator" and no where does it say you can't have too much oil. Captainrich and I have not given you a "inaccurate" rating but I see by your reputation others have not been so kind. "Next time look up what you are talking about before submitting your comments on this matter" we do not look up answers, the poster could have done that on his own. We actually know the answers from our work experience or training. I am concerned that someone may read your answer and get into hot water thinking it was correct information, it is not. I know at least one other expert has tried to correct you and you rebuffed him too. I will say what Excon told you some time ago, "You need to stop this stuff." Please stick to answering only questions where you have training or experience, not just an opinion.
    -

Jan 16, 2008, 08:30 AM
    You know what you are talking about but you stick with that answer?? I read "Gas Oil Mixture Ratio Calculator" and no where does it say you can't have too much oil. Captainrich and I have not given you a "inaccurate" rating but I see by your reputation others have not been so kind. "Next time look up what you are talking about before submitting your comments on this matter" we do not look up answers, the poster could have done that on his own. We actually know the answers from our work experience or training. I am concerned that someone may read your answer and get into hot water thinking it was correct information, it is not. I know at least one other expert has tried to correct you and you rebuffed him too. I will say what Excon told you some time ago, "You need to stop this stuff." Please stick to answering only questions where you have training or experience, not just an opinion.
    WOW so where are you trying to go with this.. Look If you read the question which was posted you would see that it was an oil to gas mixture matter. No where did I mean Oil for Automobiles. Next time read all that is posted then you can comment on it.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 16, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Questionshelp
    You can never have too much oil in your gas. If you're off by an ounce or two you are getting into trouble.
    That reddie would have been for YOU!
    First thing I noticed is that you've contradicted yourself.
    Secondly, nothing in your profile has given me any confidence in your answers regarding lawn and garden equipment, or any other forum.
    Third, a dozen in 12 years doesn't sound to me like you're getting the full life out of your equipment. I've had the same three (mower, weed-whacker and leaf blower) for over five years!
    Personally, I think you should take more time yourself before you launch on others advice.

Jan 16, 2008, 08:44 AM
    Who mentioned autos, not us? You said,"You can never have too much oil in your gas" referring to the gas oil ratio for a 2 cycle engine and your statement is incorrect. I will tell you where I am gong with this, you can not post inaccurate information and expect it to go unchallenged. Where are you going with a statement like,"No where did I mean Oil for Automobiles. Next time read all that is posted then you can comment on it." We have read everything and it is still wrong and now you are acting like we misunderstood that this was about autos. I believe we understand perfectly and you need to stop answering questions when you have no training or experience, period.
    -

Jan 16, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Who mentioned autos, not us?? You said,"You can never have too much oil in your gas" refering to the gas oil ratio for a 2 cycle engine and your statement is incorrect. I will tell you where I am gong with this, you can not post inaccurate infomation and expect it to go unchallenged. Where are you going with a statement like,"No where did I mean Oil for Automobiles. Next time read all that is posted then you can comment on it." We have read everything and it is still wrong and now you are acting like we misunderstood that this was about autos. I believe we understand perfectly and you need to stop answering questions when you have no training or experience, period.
    Man ooh man.. Why don't you email me instead of this piddly comments. Lol :p I have to be quit honest on this you need help. Read before commenting. And about the link I added. Ya it was for you.. Read IT!! :p
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 16, 2008, 09:16 AM
    I'm going to close this question because its gotten off topic and is more of a fight. But in doing so, I have to say that QuestionHelp did give inaccurate advice that should have been retracted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Snowblower [ 3 Answers ]

826 toro snowblower drive was working now stopped??

My big screen TV is starting to turn blueish . [ 3 Answers ]

I have a big screen TV projection 56 in the color is starting to turn blueish a bit how can it be fixed?

Blueish-green nipple discharge [ 2 Answers ]

I've discovered that by squeezing my nipples (both breasts) that they both ooze a blueish-green, clear, sticky discharge. I've taken 2 pregnancy tests that have been negative... I haven't noticed any lumps, no itching, everything is normal except for the discharge. Please help! :(

Old snowblower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Toro 826 used snowblower that was given to me. I cannot start it. I bought a new spark plug, filled the gas tank, even put a little bit of gas where the spark plug goes. I still can not start it. Can someone please help me?

View more questions Search