Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roguewizzard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2005, 08:42 PM
    Don't know where to turn
    Hello and Happy Holidays,

It's all about the money, my wife and I are trying to sell our house so that we can move. We both have jobs waiting for us in a different state. The problem is that we found out that there is a lien against the house due to her ex-husband. He went bankrupt on a car through Ford Motor Company. She just found out just a short time ago. Here is the obstacle, We have to sell the house but the sale that is pending is not going to be enough to finance the move in fact it will only leave us about $50. So I am not sure where to turn or what to do. I would like to be able to take out a loan for $5000 and that well get us moved and into a new house that is if we follow through with this sale on the house that is pending. The other possibility would to back out of the house deal and start from scratch and hope we can find a another buyer.

Ok now is there any way to stop a lien on a house within a couple of weeks?
    Is there any companies, banks or people that would loan that kind of money to some one that has about a 600 credit points?
    I for the most part don't care about the interest rate on the loan as long as it is semi-reasonable.
    Like I said we have to move my wife's health is depending on it as well as the well being of my kids.

Something has to happen to make it work before the end of January 2006.

Any and all advice would be more than welcome thank you.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2005, 08:50 PM
    So does the ex husband still own the house as well? Because that is really the only way a lien could have been placed on it, or else it was back from the days when he use to own it.

Re: $5,000. I would recommend going through with the move (sounds like you already have a new place lined up in the new state). As you said, your wife's health depends on it.

Where to get the 5,000 from?

- Try a bank
    - Friends or family
    - Sell some of your assets to come up with the 5,000 (perhaps some jewelry)
    - If you can't find the money anywhere, taking 5,000 on credit cards is always an option, but not that highly recommended considering the interest rate is about 21%

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pc will not turn off [ 3 Answers ]

My eMachine desk top will not turn off when I go to turn off computer it will shut down but it will start right up again.

Computer does not turn on [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have had a problem for the last month, my PC does not turns on when I plug it in electricity. It turns on the fan, but it does not start when I push the start button. After pushing the starting button a few times and waiting from 5 to 30min it works fine. Once I take the plug off, and on...

A/c does not turn on [ 1 Answers ]

a/c has been working fine until yesterday afternoon, turned it on and nothing happened, no fan and no outside compressor. I put in a new tstat and still nothing. I left it in the auto a/c position and went to bed. Sometime in the middle of the night the unit came on and was working fine when we...

Help... The heat won't turn off! [ 1 Answers ]

Just wondering if any one could help before I dish out $$ to fix it. I'm hoping its something hubby can fix. We have to thermostats (1up stairs and 1 down). 1 AC unit. The heat is working just fine downstairs. Problem: The upstairs heat won't turn off. I turned the thermostate off. I...

My PC on not turn off,I need help [ 1 Answers ]

I have a laptop. My PC don't turm off or restart... I don't know why But it just don't. I don't know what to do... please Can anyone help me?. please I need help!!

View more questions Search