Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucas Ammons Posts: 85, Reputation: 5

Dec 27, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Are we Alone?
    Is Earth the only place where life exists in the universe?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Probably not.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2007, 10:37 AM
    I don't know, but if there are other life forms out there, they are so far away from us that we'll probably never make contact.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Hello lucas:

With billions of planets out there, and more being discovered all the time, I'm certain we're not the only ones. To believe that we are defies credulity. In fact, I'm reasonably certain that the Universe is FULL of life.

excon
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2007, 10:52 AM
    I believe there is and hope it gets confirmed before I die.
    Lucas Ammons Posts: 85, Reputation: 5

Dec 27, 2007, 11:11 AM
    I Believe that god created life to glofy him, and that he filled the universe with life. As for making contact, there is a passage in the bible that says "seek and you shall find" meaning if you wonder about things eventually the answer will make itself know. The planet Earth is one small planet in a galaxy of billions of stars, and there are billions of galaxies. Is life preferbably intelligent, technologically advanced life out there?

SETI: The Drake Equation
    Cho Posts: 85, Reputation: 2

Jan 6, 2008, 08:20 AM
    I strongly believe there is life out there .We are unable to find out.Likewise they may be unable to find us.But then I don't think life out there will be something out of a Sci-Fi.Also I don't think they are more intelligent than us as those movies portray.We haven't been able to reach the boundary of our own solar system yet.Besides scientists have concluded that even if there is life any where else in the solar system it will be something like that of an insects coming under phylum arthropoda may be.As for humans I am not sure.
    workerbee Posts: 104, Reputation: 7

Jan 22, 2008, 03:44 PM
    There is life out there I believe I think there many levels of intelligence. Some life may be inferior to us and other life may be very advanced. There is no way of knowing though

workerbee
    belsammael Posts: 43, Reputation: 6

Mar 10, 2008, 11:49 PM
    The galaxy is an immense place, with so many places like our own that could harbour life similar to earth's. Not only that, but it might also exist in entirely different forms than we expect, with a different world to live on, a different evolution.

Perhaps the question isn't so much as "is there other life out there?" but rather "will we recognise it when we find it?"
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 11, 2008, 12:24 AM
    Indeed if other more intelligent life forms do exist, then who is to say that they are friendly? Do you think that they will be like E T, or like the guy from "When the earth stood still?" (The guy who came with his robot to help us "wise" up and not destroy ourselves.)

We have murdered our own kind, slaughtered civilizations, enslaved others. We entrap "lessor" animals, eat cattle, sheep, chickens, etc. We look at them as food, possibly a "higher" intelligence would look at us and treat us the same way. You are out in your backyard, you see an ant hill, do you even think about communicating with them? Do you stomp the ant hill?

My thoughts on the matter is; maybe we should not be sending signals out there saying "HI" we are here. Maybe we should just be happy living in our own little backyard? But it may be too late, we have been sending TV signals into outer space for almost 65 years now. (Although a new theory is that these TV signals may dissipate and not reach WAY out there.)

Possibly we should just leave well enough alone...

Anyone remember the old show "The twilight Zone?" there was a show about aliens that came and appeared to want to help us. They even had a plan and a book on how they were going to do it. They took all the "sick" humans away to their planet to "help" them. After they left, someone found a copy of the book called "How to serve Man!"

Yep, the book was how to prepare man to eat humans,; a cookbook.

Not to worry though, this couldn't happen, after all we are "the center of the universe", we are the top of the food chain... right?

Stringer
    workerbee Posts: 104, Reputation: 7

Mar 11, 2008, 06:37 AM
    Hey Stringer I recently saw the rerun "How to serve Man" The shows were very well written. Rod serling also wrote "planet of the apes" Getting back on subject there could be other forms of life we don't know how to look for yet like Sulfur based life or silicon based life. Those forms of life might even be in our solar system. Time will tell

workerbee
    meeper365 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2008, 03:07 PM
    I don't really know, God never said anything about other life forms... but if He did, He would let us discover them... out in His amazing creation... :D :D :D :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search