Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    organizdkaos982 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Child name change
    How do I go about changing my kids last name to mine? Their father and ii were never married but he is on the birth certificate but no custody has been established. I have had them 24/7 and he barely sees them. They are 4 and 2.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2007, 10:02 AM
    How old is the child?

If the child is less than a year old, you should be able to change their last name without too much problem.
    If the child is over a year old you have to get permission from the father before changing the child's last name.
    avalos76 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2009, 09:21 PM

I want to add my last name to my two older kids birth certificate seeing how I haven't seen or heard from their biological father in over eight years can I do this and how can I do it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child name change [ 1 Answers ]

Never mind

Child custody change [ 2 Answers ]

How old does a child have to be to chose to live with a parent?

Fathers rights/child name change [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I have a couple questions. First, I live in Florida. My son is 22 months old. His biological father is on his birth certificate and is supposed to pay child support, he owes 5K back pay, and I haven't gotten one single payment. Don't know his current address or phone number. Anyway, he hasn't...

Change of surname of my child [ 6 Answers ]

I have a daughter and I didn't married her father. But I had my baby's surname after her father's. Now. Her father and I broke up because our relationship isn't really working. I would just like to ask the process of what do I need to do to change my baby's name after mine. What are the laws and...

Child has my maiden name can I change it to stepfathers? [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter has my maiden name, her father is not on her birthcertificate. Her father has been paying child support for about a year and a half but has not contacted us in over 7 years. Do I have to notify him to change her last name to her stepfathers, who has been her dad for her whole life. How...

View more questions Search