Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rachael990 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2007, 11:31 PM
    Infertility after gonorrhea?
    In May I found out I had gonorrhea :( I got treated and they said everything was fine. I did have a papsmear then. Wouldn't they have seen if it had been long enough to build up scar tissue and cause infertility? I'm just worried because I got pregnant at the end of July and had a miscarrage Sept. 7th. I'm wondering if this could have been the reason? And wouldn't they have told in may, or the month after when I got checked again? Or after the miscarriage? I hope so! Did it cause infertility??
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 27, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Gonorrhea is not one of the STIs that typically cause infertility. When an STI does cause infertility it is usually because of scar tissue built up in the fallopian tubes which either causes anovulation or tubal pregnancies. This is more common with Chlamydia.

Would they have seen this? Not typically, especially if it was not something that they were looking for.

Did it cause infertility? Very doubtful as it was gonorrhea, and it was treated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alternative for Infertility [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 19 and I have Unexplained Infertility. I was wondering if there are any Alternative Cures, or treatments. Or anything that can help, really I would appreciate it. Thanks,

Can I have gonorrhea? [ 2 Answers ]

I was just wondering if I could have gonorrhea I have some of the sympotoms like yellowish-watery discharge and I have pain in my penis sometimes when I go to the bathroom, but I am 15 and I am still a virgin. Could I have got it from touching my penis when I went to the bathroom or masturbating...

The pill and infertility [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone I am am new on the site,I have been trying to conceive for last one and half year went on clomid for two months didn't work I want to give myself a break from infertility woes but want to start taking the pill to keep away possible infection and cancers ...

Question about infertility [ 7 Answers ]

Just found the site today, this is my first post. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over a year. In March it was determined that I had blockage in my tubes and that same month I had laparoscopy to remove the blockage. It is now the end of Aug and still no pregnancy. ...

View more questions Search