Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pmh383388 Posts: 58, Reputation: 2

Dec 26, 2007, 11:06 PM
    " They seeing see not; and hearing they hear not."
    "They seeing see not; and hearing they hear not... But blessed are your eyes, for they see ; and your ears, for they hear " ( Matthew 13:13,16 )

Can somebody tell me its meaning ? Thanks in advance !
    hauser5 Posts: 699, Reputation: 92

Dec 26, 2007, 11:30 PM
    view this link for a complete explanation: A Bible study on parables
    MoonlitWaves Posts: 171, Reputation: 52

Dec 27, 2007, 11:52 AM
    Jesus was saying to His disciples that in these people's unbelief they have closed their hearts to God. They aren't literally blind but they can't see because they aren't looking spiritually, they can't hear because they aren't listening spiritually, they can't understand until they seek understanding spiritually. We hear this in different words, but it means the same thing in 1 Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for the are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

You can't hope to see, hear, understand and know God who is spiritual if you don't seek Him spiritually. How do you do that? God sends people the Holy Spirit, but He's not going to give it to anyone who doesn't even believe He exists. Therefore people's unbelief causes them to be spiritually blind, spiritually deaf, and a lack of spiritual understanding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elderly aunt's hearing concern and her "cluelessness" [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: My aunt has hearing aids, but she rarely wears them... the batteries are an expense as they only last her for about 3 days? Is this common? I realize she wants to save money, but what a waste if you don't wear them and they are of no use to herself or others? I have to constantly yell...

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

Selling tickets to hear "me" preach! [ 14 Answers ]

The latest and greatest mega church and minister in my city tours America, selling tickets for $10.00 to spend "An Evening with ________." A regular "worship service" is conducted. What are your thoughts re charging to enter a worship service? Of course, offerings and contributions for the...

View more questions Search