Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Need to gloat!
    I got Trink Memorial Day weekend. And now, a mere 6 months later, she and Rana-cat (the little spitfire cat that is definitely the top animal in the house) actually shared a doggie bed!

Trink had been chewing on gnawhide rings on her Bouncy Bone (it's a favorite of hers) with the treat on the doggie bed and the dog on the floor next to it. After polishing off the rings, she got up for some reason, and came back to find Rana curled up on the corner of the bed, right next to her Bone! Well, this distressed her, since she won't even try and mess with Rana, so I went over and sat on the floor by the bed, moved the bone away from the cat, and was about to give it to her when she walked around me and ever so carefully lay on the part of the bed that wasn't occupied by the cat. For which she got lots of ear rubs and scritchles, while Rana pretty pointedly just ignored the fact that there was a large dog right by her, which is leaps and bounds better than the hiss-spit-swatting she used to do to poor Trink! And Pyret (the other cat) made sure that my other hand was fully occupied with petting and scritching her, and even got bold enough to come and sniff Trink, so it was all one big happy family.

*happy dance*
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2007, 08:13 PM
    Congrats, You are a good animal mommy.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2007, 08:35 PM
    What is AMHD for if we can't celebrate successes? I know little of cats and have zero experience making cats and dogs get along. Note my usual absence from the cat forum.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2007, 06:13 AM
    You have done a wonderful job Froggy. You definitely have the right to gloat! :)
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by labman
    What is AMHD for if we can't celebrate successes? I know little of cats and have zero experience making cats and dogs get along. Note my usual absence from the cat forum.
    Hah! You may not know much about cats, but I can assure you there is only one reason that Rana decided to curl up on the dog bed... to show Trink that she could! It's still amusing to me to see this tiny 6-pound cat control where a 62-pound dog goes simply by lying in the right spot, slowly flicking her tail, and just looking at the dog with that steady stare!

And I have decided to take Trink to an agility class, to see if that will help build up her confidence some. Fingers crossed, and prepared to be the slowest team in the class, but we'll see how it goes. Currently when she goes tearing around the backyard and leaps across the corner of the flowerbed, it's just pure poetry. It'll be interesting to see how she does with actual jumps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search