Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meconfused Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2005, 02:37 PM
    Help No Period But Neg Test< What The?
    Hi there, I am a little concerned (although I probably don’t need to be) and I am keen to hear some opinions from others. My last period started on the 14th November, it is now 45 days later and still no period. My periods normally come about every 30 to 35days(not too sure exactly as I haven’t really been keeping a good track of them) so I guess that would make me about ten days late. Me and my boyfriend have been having sex relatively often but used condoms every time and as far as we know none have broken. For about 2 weeks before my period was due and up until just a couple of days ago my breasts were quite sore, and over the last couple of weeks (seems to have subsided at the moment) I swear I was going to the toilet more often (bf even made a comment) I also had a few outbursts of bad temper (bf noticed that 2) everything kind of like pms (apart from weeing) but no period came. I also had maybe a few cramps like it was coming although they didn’t last long and not severe. I haven’t felt sick. I swear I can see little white bumps on my nipples that are bigger now than before but then again before I didn’t really look hard at them. I was kind of convinced I might be pregnant but I did a pregnancy test yesterday (urine one, clear blue compact) in the morning. Came back negative. Is it possible that it could be wrong or I have done it too early? Even when it came back negative, I am kind of still not convinced I'm not preggie even though I think its pretty much impossible. I am not really wanting to get pregnant or anything, I'm still young (19) and active and not in the position to have a baby. The thing is I don’t understand why no period, I have not been under stress, not on pill havn’t gained or lost heaps of weight or anything like that. Am I being silly or is it likely that I am and the test didn’t work or was done 2 early?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 28, 2005, 12:16 AM
    Mecon, there are various reasons for your period to be late and the pregnancy test to be negative. As far as your period being late, are many possibilities for explaining a missed or delayed period. In most women of childbearing age, pregnancy is the first guess. If your pregnancy test is negative and you are sure that you are not pregnant, there are some other causes for missed or delayed periods that you could consider. Such as stress and other outside factors play a role in the menstrual cycle. Over exercising, emotional stress, abnormal eating patterns or sleep habits can all delay menstrual periods.

If your period does not arrive within a couple of weeks, you can repeat the pregnancy test and make an appointment with your gynecologist. Usually after a discussion of your medical history, a physical exam and perhaps a couple of blood tests, the reason for missed periods can be identified and corrected.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 28, 2005, 05:54 AM
    I agree with PrettynPetite1..
    Hi. Welcome to the forum.
    First and foremost, when in doubt - Always see your doctor.
    Second, Take a EPT or HPT in about another few weeks, even though they might be negative does not mean your not.
    http://www.babyfit.com/register.asp
    Check out the following sites, they will help you through this a little more to reassure if you are.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sym...gnancy/PR00102 scroll down and even get answers on, exercise, dangers, etc.
    http://www.epigee.org/pregnancy/symptoms.html
    www.askdramy.com The U.K. online doctor.you can post on a forum, or 'ask the Dr. Amy' with a click. The FAQ Tab on the homepage is also a good place to click and has a lot of good subject matter. P.S. Most of the articles are printable in PDF format.
    Good luck, and keep us posted.

Have a Happy and Peaceful New Year!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed period but negative pregnancy test [ 7 Answers ]

I am 4 days late I have always been regular for as long as I can remember A few weeks ago I learned I had a urinary tract infection and I went to the doctor to get it treated I haven't had any signs since could that be why I am late. I also had intercourse around the time this month I would or...

Help Confused Missed Period But negative Test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am a little concerned (although I probably don’t need to be) and I am keen to hear some opinions from others. My last period started on the 14th November, it is now 45 days later and still no period. My periods normally come about every 30 to 35days(not too sure exactly as I haven’t...

Missed Period/ Negative pregnant. Test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm joelle and I'm 21 yrs old. I went off the mircette birth control pill in October and for two months I had periods that came about 6 weeks apart... before going off the pill and before I started the pill they were like clockwork every 28 days. But I did get those two periods of normal length...

What's the diff between diaelectric test and insulation test [ 1 Answers ]

I am puzzled, What exactly is the difference between diaelectric test and insulation test. Some says it the same, but others says it's because one applied power to perform the test the latter don't. And some says both are using power but one is using AC power and the other using Dc power. There...

Test [ 2 Answers ]

This is a test

View more questions Search