Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AJJWWELLS Posts: 23, Reputation: 5

Dec 26, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Is there a legal way to distribute cash settlement
    Hi, I recently received checks for my boys and was claimed legal guardian so that I would be legal signer on the check. I want to know if there is a legal way for me to decide what to do with the funds besides putting the funds in restricted account.:mad:
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 26, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Question, were you legally declared by a judge to be the "Legal guardian" of the children in question?

If the answer is yes, then it is your responsibility to know the terms and controls that were granted to you.

Read the legal papers that came with the Court's order. The answers are there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much settlement do we get? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi My name is Barry and I am living in the State of Illinois. Now last year September my wife who was 9 months pregnant with my son was hit by a driver who was on his cellphone and ran a stop sign. She was rushed to the hospital via ambulance where she spent on night and after that she had to have...

Auto Accident: Damage Settlement not Injury Settlement [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all and thank you in advance for your kind answers. My Girlfriend was involved in an accident in November. Here are some key points about the event. 1. Accident Fault - Fault was clearly the other driver Documented in the Police report. 2. Vehicle is currently financed - In both of...

Cash as legal tender [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Can a merchant in the United States refuse to accept cash as payment? I'm not talking about a bag of pennies, but cash in reasonable denominations. For example, many hotels seem to have a policy declining cash. Is this legal? Also if you sign a lease, it likely contains a provision that...

Debt Settlement and Cash Inheritance [ 6 Answers ]

I am in the process of debt management for a relatively large amount of debt and still have a couple of years to complete the payoff. I am about to receive an inheritance larger than the debt. I can either have cash or real estate. Which would be the smartest to do?

View more questions Search