Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmclarinet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2005, 10:31 AM
    How do I get the ineternet to work on my laptop?
    I just bought I laptop and I installed everything on it but I can't get the internet to work. I bought a wireless router and the wireless card.I can't seem to get the router hooked up to my desk top computer.My laptop is windows xp and my desk top is windows me.If someone could please help me on how to get the internet to work on my laptop.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 27, 2005, 10:37 AM
    This looks like a clear case of RTFM, time to read the manual that came with your router.
    It is very easy to setup as you get everything you need to connect to your ISP in the box.
    The easiest way to do this is(I wint give full instructions as they are in the routers manual);
    1/ plug your laptop directly into the router
    2/make sure your router is connected to your dsl/cable modem
    3/Go to your routers home page and setup the connection
    4/enable wireless
    5/make sure everything works while still connected
    6/unplug your laptop and turn on your wireless
    7/connect to you router
    8/job done.

Hope this helps a little

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which laptop [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am Claire, I want a laptop for making home movies and I want to know what is the best one to get. I want good graphics, large memory and very portable. Any advice would be great. Thanks

New laptop [ 6 Answers ]

I just purchased a laptop a couple of months ago. I have been using a dialup to connect to the net. I was wondering if I could use my cell phone to connect by just attaching it to my laptop and dialing out?

Best Laptop for... [ 3 Answers ]

I use Dragon Speaking Naturally, and need at least 500 MHz. I also have a preference for something light, as I travel/write, and word processing is my main desire. I want something with a screen size around 10 or 11 inches. Sound Blaster (clone) is recommended. A (built-in) CDrw/DVD would be...

Which laptop? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to purchase a laptop, most probably used,but I haven't a clue how to begin knowing which one is best. I've tried a few of my friend's but I am still not sure what to look for. I'm not going to be doing anything fancy, like desktop publishing, but I would like to be able to see DVDs, and...

View more questions Search