Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2008, 10:30 PM
    Thanks for the update, man; and if you can just go NC and take care of yourself for the next few weeks, you will see things in a different light, just give it some time.
    jasondbel Posts: 165, Reputation: -6

Jan 21, 2008, 06:12 AM
    Comment on George_1950's post
    That is a dumb analogy
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2008, 06:23 AM
    I think I'm going to get out of town for a bit in February. Get my mind off things.
    Good idea. Meanwhile, do not blame yourself for any of this. You cannot take responsibility for someone else's feelings or actions. We all make bad choices from time to time. Sometimes we choose bad jobs, bad cars, bad friends and even bad spouses. It seems like in this case you chose a bad wife. That doesn't mean that that choice has to haunt you for the rest of your life. Just see it for what is it, a bad decision, and learn from it. Then get out of it, just like you would quit the bad job, trade in the bad car or whatever.
    aboleth Posts: 60, Reputation: 8

Jan 25, 2008, 03:07 AM
    So, please send me to the corner with the dunce cap. She asked for help fixing her laptop, because it had a virus. Virus turned out to be a keylogger. Unfortunately for me, I found the log output...

She's basically Cybering with other guys oin the internet. Local guys too... Dammit I didn't want to see that stuff... Totally breaks my heart... I love her so damn much, and I don't know how I'm going to get over this constant heartache...

*sigh*, back to no contact and not being a dumbass...

Nick
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 05:28 AM
    You can remove the cap after 24 hours; did she set you up or what??
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 25, 2008, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aboleth
    So, please send me to the corner with the dunce cap. She asked for help fixing her laptop, because it had a virus. Virus turned out to be a keylogger. Unfortunately for me, I found the log output....

She's basically Cybering with other guys oin the internet. Local guys too... Dammit I didn't want to see that stuff... Totally breaks my heart... I love her so damn much, and I don't know how I'm gonna get over this constant heartache...

*sigh*, back to no contact and not being a dumbass...

Nick
    Now that's a real bummer, but reality hurts, and I think that was her point. Cruel, but effective. Yuck! :( :mad:
    aboleth Posts: 60, Reputation: 8

Feb 4, 2008, 04:50 PM
    Ok, this is day number 8 of no contact. Removed everything in my life that reminded me of her. All the pictures, all the stuff on the web, even the stuff we had saved in the basement from the wedding. It's all gone now.

I still think of her, but not so much now. I'm actually starting to enjoy my freedom, and getting out a bit more. For all of you that said that time helps... you're right... It does. No contact works as well.

When I first decided to try out the no contact thing it was because I was hoping she'd miss me and call. Now I'm realizing more and more that it's for me. It's so I can feel better and manage my pain level through this difficult time. She hasn't called or texted me, and I don't really feel all too bad about it. That phone call or text message would just set me back... I want to move forward. If she were to call, it would go to voicemail, and that's that. I've been through way too much to let her get ahold of me again. It's to the point that I don't think I'd be able to take her back. She's done some really cold and mean things, and I don't think she has it in her to be the woman that I need in my life.

So, I'm going to get out there and look for an "upgrade" at some point. Someone who fits better. My wife and myself were always friends. The 7 years we lived together we were BEST FRIENDS. I don't really miss the sexual or intimate relationship as much as I miss having my best friend around. Right now, we can't be friends - but I'm open to it further down the road, after we've both moved on. I hope we can have a healthy friendship at some point as opposed to a bad marriage. I've just plain come to realize that it wasn't working, and she wasn't going to put in the effort that I was willing to put in. I'm sure she felt the same way about it at times as well.

So, I'm feeling allright. I'm not the happiest man alive, but I feel so much more empowered by taking the situation into my own hands and moving on for myself.

I'll keep you all updated. Thanks for the help.

Nick
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2008, 05:57 PM
    aboleth writes: "When i first decided to try out the no contact thing it was because I was hoping she'd miss me and call. Now I'm realizing more and more that it's for me. It's so i can feel better and manage my pain level through this difficult time." Thanks so much for the update. It gets better, though I would wish no one would have to ever go through this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaving you girlfriend your wealth in a will [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone leave his girlfriend all his wealth in a will. Even if he has A wife??

Girlfriend wants to be alone after five years. [ 22 Answers ]

Me and my Ex have been going out for almost five years now. This past weekend she told me she wants to leave because she doesn't want to hurt me anymore, when I asked why all she could tell me is that she wanted to be alone and she was confused that was the best answer that she could give me. ...

Girlfriend of five years [ 15 Answers ]

I've been with my girlfriend for five years now and it has moved slowly. She has always been a good girl which is fine by me but I can't understand why after five years she still has a curfew with me and we're limited to just a few things we can do. Her parents make sure they know exactly where we...

Breaking it off with a girlfriend of 5 years? [ 7 Answers ]

I have recently meet another girl who gives me feelings I don't feel with my current girlfriend. We have been talking for 6 months as friends but I can tell she wants something more and I want to pursue it. But I am currently in a relationship that has lasted 5 years. I feel like its just not going...

Leaving the state with kids and not letting ex wife know [ 4 Answers ]

Please help!! My fiancé and I are going to see my family out of state for Thanksgiving, he is to have his children that weekend, we want the kids to go with us, but his Ex wife is refusing to let them go even if it is our time. What would happen if we took the kids out of state with out...

View more questions Search