Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmland Posts: 81, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 01:39 PM
    Just for curiousity, can one of those aftermarket exhaust have any bad effects on an engine if they start to go bad? Anyway so if it's only affecting idle and it runs fine above that what is that saying? I'm hoping no more major problems... I would be really happy if it was a clogged fuel filter. It hasn't been changed in about 4 1/2 years.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2007, 01:46 PM
    If it's a standard resonator (muffler), the odds are slim. If they develop a hole in them, however, it can really screw up "carburetion."

Dec 29, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Im trying to look up the Idle Air Control Valve in the Chilton and I'm not finding much, do you have information on that?
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2007, 02:12 PM
    No. They are located on the back of the Throttle Body. Remove and clean or replace.

Dec 29, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Okay I've been trying for hours and I can't get that banjo bolt to budge. I am using a socket. Is it really going to make that much of a difference using a flare nut wrench? I got The other line off, but that bolt just won't budge!

Dec 29, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Oh yeah when I took the service bolt out there was ice on it.
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2007, 06:03 PM
    Sounds like you have water (and ice) in the fuel system. I would definitely replace the fuel filter. If you have the fuel line off, then you won't need the flare wrench. Flare wrenches keep you from distorting the nut.

Dec 29, 2007, 06:38 PM
    No the banjo bolt still needs to come off... I have the fuel line off on one side, but not the side with the banjo bolt.
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Use a box-end wrench, not a socket.

Dec 31, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Thanks for the help. Some new gas, and a new fuel filter and it runs just like it did before. Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 civic engine cranks but it won't start! [ 104 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 92 civic dx manual with 188k miles My son drove it to School had it towed home. The engine cranks over but it won’t start. I’m not getting fuel over to the fuel rail. I have no pressure. I got no problem codes. Check engine light never came on.

My 92 Honda civic cranks over but won't Start! [ 5 Answers ]

My 92 civic has 228,000 miles, turns over but won't start. I had replaced the distributor thinking the ignitor was at falt, battery is good, timing belt and components were changed 29,000 miles ago. There is NO check engine light coming on, only when I'm trying to start the car. I can hear the fuel...

1994 honda cranks won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My 1994 honda accords engine shut off at a redlight. I tried jumostarting the car thinking the battery was dead but that didn't work. The engine cranks but the car doesn't start. Does anyone have any suggestions.

92 civic still won't start, but cranks over fine. [ 4 Answers ]

My 92 civic still won't start, but cranks over fine. The check engine turns on and off like normal (like when the car use to run) when attempting to turn the key in the on position. I've just replaced the distributor thinking the coil or the ignitor was at falt (it has lifetime warranty from...

94 civic hatchback cranks but doesn't start [ 2 Answers ]

The car cranks over really strong, has spark, fuel, and compression although on the 1st cylinder the compression is lower by 50 psi, and the rest are at like 180psi. I was thinking that it might be the timing, but I'm not sure, sometimes it seems like it's going to start then it just goes back to...

View more questions Search