Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kuriou_s Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2007, 04:32 PM
    Connection to the internet
    I am attempting to hookup my laptop to the cable modem at my house. My PC is connected and works fine. My laptop cannot connect to the net. I tried the ipconfig with no luck. It says the media is not connected. The laptop connects just fine at my office. I also have the firewall turned off.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 23, 2007, 04:56 PM
    How are you trying to connect to the modem?

Dec 23, 2007, 11:00 PM
    I am using an ethernet cord that was plugged into the modem from my computer.

Dec 24, 2007, 09:54 AM
    OK you are unplugging the cable from the desktop and plugging it into the laptop? Are you doing this before booting? Have you created a LAN connection on the laptop?

Dec 25, 2007, 01:30 PM
    I tried to but without success. I am currentlywriting this using a wireless connection and at work I use a dock station without problems also using this laptop.

Dec 25, 2007, 07:28 PM
    You can wirelessly connect to your router but not via a wire?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No internet despite having connection [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had my computer crash and finally had to reinstall XP Pro. I have now configured my LAN correctly and I am informed I have access but cannot get on the net or any mail can anybody help please

Internet connection [ 1 Answers ]

Good morning I'm having a problem accessing AOL with my home computer. Each time I log on AOL ask I down load again and restart my computer. I have to do this each time I log on. What can I do ?

How can connect internet with telephonelines? Please show process step by step.

Internet connection [ 6 Answers ]

Please forgive me for not knowing the proper terminology here. I hope you get the point. My question is I was wondering how come my internet works by the symbol at the bottom right hand corner of the screen that shows your internet connection is showing that it is not connected. The symbol...

Dear group I've a P4 1.7MHz PC with 128Mb RAM, loaded with WinXp OS. My problem is as soon as turning on my computer the IE is loading automatically and made a connection to my default home page, without any permission. What is the problem and how can I solve it? Any help will be thanked

View more questions Search