Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paulfish64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2002, 04:20 PM
    Database
    In a database I have inputed a subform. The subform adds up totals of plants by adding Price*quantity. That is fine, the problem I have is that I want to have a box that adds up all the plants totals to give an overal price. Anyway you can help me?
    Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2003, 10:33 AM
    Database
    It would help if you indicated what database you were working in. I'm going to assume you are using Access because of your mention of subforms.

This technique is illustrated in the Northwinds sample so you might look there.

What you do is put a footer on your subform. In the footer put an unbound textbox and make the Data source the formula: =Sum([Price]*[Quantity]). You can then reference that text box on your main form if you wish.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ms Works Database [ 3 Answers ]

I am using ms works database but the only way I can add the contents of a field is by creating a report.Anyone help me please there must be a shorter way.:)

Advertising Database [ 3 Answers ]

I work in real estate and need to set up an advertising database. Is Microsoft Access suitable for this or what would be the best program to use? I need to be able to charge out advertising on a weekly basis to each relevant property, e.g. the property address needs to be in the database and...

Program for creating database [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I have one question: I want to create a database which would act like stand alone program (I hope you understand). So far so good but the problem is that I don't know any of programming languages so I need a program which doesn't require programming. If anybody knows program like that...

Database [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! I would like to have some detailed information about This topic:- Specify the hardware needed to support Database system, supporting your reasoning with argument and a detailed rationale. Waiting for your reply Cheers Reetika

How do I connect to a database [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having problems connecting to my database. I have had my site working perfectly on brinkster, but when I've moved it over to my new host it doesn't work. How do I know what way I should be connecting to the database i.e. DNS-less, system DNS or file DNS etc. Could some one...

View more questions Search