Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Natmyst Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Concrete stair tread finish
    I'm building an interior concrete stair and need tread finishing ideas.
    I would also like to incorporate a bullnose, and grooves as a non-slip pattern in the tread surface.
    I've not been able to find a edging tool to create the bullnose/groove combination.
    Any suggestions?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 23, 2007, 02:14 PM
    I have seen bullnose trowels at Menards and Home Depot. I would brush the step with a stiff broom left to right before it sets up. That will give you a good rough texture.
    Natmyst Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2007, 03:40 PM
    The stairs lead up to a marble-tiled foyer and I was hoping to have the stairs' finish compliment the tiles.
    Let's say I went with a simple bullnose, is there a more refine finish that would work for my project?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 23, 2007, 05:59 PM
    OK it initially sounded like you were looking for an industrial version but yes you can make a nicer finish if it going to a marble floyer. I would consider concrete dye and a stamped pattern. Most concrete companies own or rent the rubber stamps but you can make it look like flag stone or even wood, the designes are endless.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

It's not where you start, it's where you finish and I'm going to finish on top. [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone help me find the name of the song and lyrics to the song that has the line... "It's not where you start, it's where you finish and I'm going to finish on top." It came from a show, possibly Barnum? Thanks David

Concrete finish after rain, new pour [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks for reading. A few days ago I had a color patio poured where a broom finish was applied. The broom finish was consistent until the next day after we had some rain. There was roughly 15 hours after the pour to the time when it rained. It only rained for about 20 minutes our so, a moderate...

Molding on stairs where the tread meets the riser? [ 3 Answers ]

July 8, 2007 Thank you Esquire1, Stairman and Glavine for your responses, but please let me clarify. The staple marks are on the top side of the tread where it meets the riser, that is, they are on the part of the tread where you step when you go up and down the stairs. Your responses seemed...

Stair building [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in the process of finishing the basement and only have the stairs left as far as framing. What do you think, rework the stringers that are here or tear them down and rebuild them? They will remain open and have a railing running along the landing and down the stairs. My main concern is how...

Purchasing the right tread mill [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking to purchase a treadmill. It would be for exercise and fun; I'm in shape and don't need to lose weight. What should I look for while shopping around? What's the difference between the motorized treadmills and the manual treadmills I've seen? Thanks.

View more questions Search