Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seductive Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Dec 23, 2007, 12:28 PM
    Is it possible to request another judge for SSI?
    Could I contact the governor or request another judge for SSI? I have been trying to get SSI since April of 2003 and I keep getting turned down. :mad: But the judge in Church Falls, VA disagrees with the judge's decision in Memphis. :) I can't keep living like this. :( Can someone give me some very important advice?
    Sincerely,
    Cynthia:confused:
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2007, 12:41 PM
    A friend of mine had the same problem. He said that you can only get the same judge twice. The third one he got immediately approved the SSI. I don't think you can request a different one. But maybe you can.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 23, 2007, 12:46 PM
    What does your attorney say?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2007, 12:55 PM
    [QUOTE=seductive][F]Could I contact the governor or request another judge for SSI? I have been trying to get SSI since April of 2003 and I keep getting turned down. :mad: But the judge in Church Falls, VA disagrees with the judge's decision in Memphis. :) I can't keep living like this. :( Can someone give me some very important advice?

Isn't SSI Federal and not State assistance?

I am aware that people contact their Senator and Congressman and also there is a procedure for desperate situations - your Attorney would/should know.

How many times have you been turned down since 2003? Your Attorney should be able to iron out the reasons for the refusals - not enough medical info, not enough medical treatment, whatever is involved. Your Attorney will get a percentage and so it's to his/her advantage to pursue this vigorously.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2007, 01:36 PM
    I think it may be time to find another attorney. Believe it or not the judges aree looking to give ssi to people who truly need it. Gather your paper work . Sit down for a consult with another attorney and review all the paper work. Find an attorney that specializes in ssi.

Dec 23, 2007, 01:42 PM
    I didn't say all judges are wrong. I had the same one twice. And I'm an organized person. I have all medical records. Another judge just might make a difference. I can see if I had 2 different judges then there's a problem with the attorney. Now there are some good judges and there are some incompetent judges who shouldn't be on the bench at all. I did my part, the attorney did his part. You have some judges that use their dislikes to make a decision which is wrong. And note, I used some. Not all. I got unlucky with this judge in particular.

Dec 23, 2007, 01:46 PM
    What is the bone of contention. Whether you are disabled or not should be an issue of medical fact rather than judicial opinion.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2007, 01:46 PM
    I have specific knowledge how the system works and in your region there maybe a handfull of judges with a backlog of cases. It takes time, positive outlook and a great attorney. Perhaps you do not qualify. Do you have enough earnings periods? Maybe you are laking something a competent attorney can find. If your attorney is not competent in finding what the preoblem is, you should find another

Dec 23, 2007, 01:59 PM
    There are some good and bad in all judges and attornies.

Dec 23, 2007, 02:12 PM
    Comments on this postseductive disagrees: You weren't there. And there are some judges with prejudges rather u want to believe it or not. And for the record I do qualify. If u read what I've wrote you would know that.

First, may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

The reason why a hearing has to be held is because sometimes the facts are not cut and dried. A judge must then weigh all the medical evidence and make a decision. So while you may feel you made your case, there is obviously some question about it. I'm not saying the judge is not showing bias, but your negative rating of daniel's response was not appropriate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is she to judge me? [ 1 Answers ]

We were at a family function and roasting marshmellows and there were three children there and my son, Well the children were saying something about hating a dead rabbit and I asked what is that going to do besides piss off the rabbit. My aunt told me to watch my mouth and set an example, then she...

What will the judge say [ 1 Answers ]

My sons dad has been fighting for custody of my son we now have joint legal custody but I have physical custody of my son... I will be getting married this year but my fiancé is in the military and is stationed in killeen tx what can I do to make sure I can take my son with me?

How do I get this company before a judge? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I opened a store credit card account back in the mid 80's and purchased many things through the store. Over the years, every time we were unable to come up with the full minimum payment all at once, we contacted the 800 number on our bills and made an arrangement to do weekly...

View more questions Search