Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michael333 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Unfair work practices
    I have worked at the same company for more than 2 years,In that time, I have changed to supervisor off the plant. I started as a shipper/receiver.I voluntarily moved back to shipping in Feb. with several things promised to me that was never followed through with.They told me I was moving back to supervisor and that the person taking my old position(who is slow and lazy) was not going to be doing the same amount of work and that most of that work was still going to be my responsibility. I complained as well as others in different departments and was told "too bad you can get it done you've proving that". I said that's not fair to me and that they could not do this to me again. The owners response was that's the way it's going to be so deal with it. I responded by quitting.

Is there anything I that I can do legally since I was not being paid anything extra or that the changes to my old job meant the same pay but an easier job for the older(55yr),lazier employee?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Hello Michael:

Nope, there's nothing you can do. As an "at will" employee, they can change anything they want about your job, at any time, for any reason at all, or for nor reason whatsoever.

How they treat older and lazier people has nothing to do with you.

excon
    Michael333 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2007, 10:27 AM
    There is same sex same pay laws. Are there same job same pay laws that may apply?
    I don't understand how this can be legal, considering this is the third time this has happened with the same employee?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unfair practices/discrimination [ 1 Answers ]

I am a senior who recently rented an apartment seven months ago. Today. I received a notice for recertification 11/16/07. I moved in here March 20, 2007. Our lease is suppose to be for a year. Next we are also being told to bring down the letter that states our social security increase as soon...

I know it's unfair [ 2 Answers ]

So I am very insecure and sometimes I feel bad about how I overreact to things in my relationship. Sometimes I really wonder if I'm overreacting or not. I live with my boyfriend and I don't know why I really don't trust him, but does anybody out there know of some ways that he can help me gain his...

Unfair Employer Practices pertaining to paternity leave. [ 9 Answers ]

My employer moved me to a salary position a few years back. Since that time I have not gotten the standard raises that I used to get. They said that's because I am on salary, however I am instructed to punch a time clock. On tp of that I had lost any personal days that I used o have. Well I...

Unfair Judgement [ 1 Answers ]

My ex-wife died about 6 years ago. We have a 7 year old son in which her mother and sister have hidden from me. Recently the aunt filed for guardianship and this was granted unknowingly. I submitted a defense and objection. We went to court and we were'nt notified of a dicision. I have requested...

Is it unfair? [ 10 Answers ]

O.k. so when I found out I was pregnant I had the father of my child, who is 21 say he was going to put a shot gun to my head and kill me and the baby. Now I had called the cops when he had said this to me and he was arrested (not for the first time) and he only spent on night in jail , then his...

View more questions Search