Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juniper32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2007, 11:08 PM
    Home computers
    Are there any programs in WA state that would provide home computers for exceptional students?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2007, 12:06 AM
    Here's an outfit in Seattle that might be of use and help to you.

Volunteer Program Computer Reuse and Learning Center, Recycle Program of Seattle, Washington

HELP OTHERS
    The InterConnection Computer Reuse and Learning Center provides refurbished computers to underserved communities locally and abroad. Volunteers help with testing and upgrading used computers for these groups. Anyone who completes our Computer Hardware Skills Program receives valuable computer skills and a FREE computer.

InterConnection Computer Reuse and Learning Center
    2222 N Pacific St
    Seattle WA 98103

Hours
    10am - 6pm Monday to Friday
    Saturday 10am - 3pm

[email protected]

Administration 206 310-4547
    Computer Center 206 633-1517
    Toll Free 1-866-621-1068

COMPUTER HARDWARE SKILLS PROGRAM:
    Our most popular volunteer program. Through hands on learning volunteers learn about computer components, how to fix computers and how to install hard drives, memory, software and operating systems. Anyone who completes the 30-hour computer skills program receives a free computer set including:

Refurbished 1.1 to 1.2 Ghz Pentium III desktop computer
    Windows XP Pro Operating system
    Microsoft Office software suite
    17" CRT monitor, keyboard, and mouse
    Computers include a software package that allows users to access the Internet via a dial up modem for free.
    Perhaps if a student is not of the age to volunteer, maybe the parent or other adult, could volunteer and thus obtain a computer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computers other [ 1 Answers ]

In what way is the knowledge needed to operate complex devices different from the knowledge neede to acquire and configure them?

Two computers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can someone help me with the following I need to connect two computers together so I can read the information of one of them whilst at the other my only problem is one of the PC is at my place of work and the other is at my home what is the best way to do this

I need to connect my 2 home computers [ 23 Answers ]

On one internet connection. I am afraid to go wireless, because one computer is on the second floor of the house and the other in the basement game room. I want to know if a router (and the most cost effective one to get) would work with our computers. The basement computer has Windows 98 and...

View more questions Search