Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    philly4458 Posts: 49, Reputation: 3

Dec 22, 2007, 10:11 PM
    Ideas need expertise!
    Hello,

I've had many ideas and have paid marketing firms like ISC (Invention Submission Corp) only to loose money. Now I know the simpler the concept the better your chances to get a patent.

How may I get an engineer to help me with the mechanical aspect of my invention concept.

Philly
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2007, 02:53 AM
    One way that I would think that you could get an engineer is to guarantee in a written document, such as a contract, that the engineer would get a certain percent of or amount of money from the profit that you make from your invention.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2007, 10:04 AM
    Getting a pateint is not a problem, you merely provide the material and pay the fee to the government office. As long as it is not the same basic one already put in, it should be issued.

But you need to find a partner to go in with you that is a engineer or hire one to do the work for you.

Jan 26, 2008, 09:17 PM
    Fr_Chuck,

Thank you for your advise about inventions, I will contact ideatango soon. I've already gone to their website. My biggest concern is how to disclose my idea without compromising its content in other words how to protect it.

Thank you,
    Philly
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 09:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by philly4458
    Thank you for your advise about inventions, I will contact ideatango soon. I've already gone to their website. My biggest concern is how to disclose my idea without compromising its content in other words how to protect it.
    That's why you get that agreement with the engineer in advance of disclosing the details of your idea.
    alfer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 01:32 AM
    Hello! I read on this website about a person seeking assistance from a professional engineer. I am also pursuing an invention/idea but lack the scientific knowledge to disprove my theories and invention. Is there any engineer who will offer his/her assistance to evaluate my work for any potential. I am willing to share my royalties to anyone who will offer assistance with my idea/invention to prove that it works or abandon for lack of reason.

Mar 9, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Hello Alfer,

I will give you two agents I've checked out that may help you with your project (concept) please keep it touch with me, I'd like to correspond with you because I am an inventor too.
    Be careful and do your research but also realize that at some point you will have to disclose your concept with someone. There are ways to do it and protect your concept at the same time.

Lambert & lambert is in Saint Paul MN you can call them at (651) 552-0880 Invention Marketing Help For Patents & New Ideas.

Harvey Reese is in Pennslavania you find him on the website he has a good book out 2nd edition called how to license your million dollar idea. It gives you all sorts of info about prototypes etc: I had the same problem as you, all of a suddent I figured it out how to make my concept work.

Philly4458

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seeking accounting expertise [ 3 Answers ]

1. A statement that the financial statements were prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles is found in the a. collateral b. stock market c. footnotes of the balance sheet d. auditor's report 2. Which one of the following is violated when a company...

I need someone with expertise with Cosigner laws [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a cosigner on a three-year rental in Nassau county, because my credit is poor. The party who cosigned has meticulous credit, and now has stated that "he's changed his mind"; and won't stand by the agreement. He was paying the rent, because we had been together for 10 years. I am a...

View more questions Search