Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    headranger2005 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2007, 05:23 PM
    I cannot execute any hyperlinks on the Internet
    I am running WinXP Home Ed. with IE 7

Just recently this has been happening. When I am at a website and I click on a hyperlink to take me to another site.............I am stuck where I was and I see a red circle with the prohibited line through it.

Could this be a bug or spywear of some sort? I regularly run SpySweeper at least once a week.

Appreciate any suggestions

Thanks,

HeadRanger George in San Francisco
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2007, 06:36 PM
    This appears to be a security issue... Go to TOOLS ----> Internet Options ----> Security

Select Internet and Custom Level --- Your level should be set to medium -- Ok

Maybe there is some other reason with security not allowing you to access sites
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Where do you see the circle on the screen?? And does it say anything when put your mouse cursor over it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to execute a promissory note on a house [ 5 Answers ]

I have a signed promissory note for a house in which they refuse to make mortgage payments on. What can I do with the promissory note? Can I register it against the house so it will appear should they attempt to get another mortgage on the house? Can I put it on title? As stated within the...

Execute DOS Commands Secretely? [ 2 Answers ]

HELLO THERE! (I'm Using Windows-XP SP-2) I Start With Example: -I Have A Calc.exe -I Rename Calc.exe As Clock.txt -(To Hide Its Identity No Body Knows It's an exe) -Now We Have Clock.txt Kept On C:\ -I Want To Run A Sequence Of DOS Commands. They Are:

About hyperlinks in Word Doc. [ 4 Answers ]

I save Word Docs as html for website use. These docs often have links that by default save to open in the same window. How can I save a Word Doc as html so that the links are all _blank? Thanks!

View more questions Search