Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bxstatuz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2007, 03:59 PM
    10 year old debt
    Is a 10 year old debt valid to pay if I'm on disability?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Not enough information. What kind of debt? What does disability have to do with the debt?
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Dec 22, 2007, 05:16 PM
    Your moral obligation to pay the debt nevers goes away,but if the debt is 10years old the sol's may come into play meaning you can't be sued BUT that does not mean they can't
    Hound you for it. Is your disability social security or through a company plan.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Yes, it is valid. Of course it's probably been written off by now. Have there been any attempts to collect from you lately? If anyone attempts to collect on it, inform them that you are on disability. If they persist, you may have to file for bankruptcy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

20 year old debt [ 9 Answers ]

I'm 41 years old. When I was about 22 in 1986 I bought a car from a dishonest salesman. When I realised my mistake I refused to pay another dime on the payments and purposely allowed the car to be reposessed. This debt was on my credit report for 10 years. After silence for approx 20 years I get a...

PAID 17 year old debt [ 4 Answers ]

I had a credit card debt that was turned over for collections in 1995; discover card services sold the debit to a financial company. The debt was sold mutliple times before I paid it in full in January of 2000. Today, it's October 2007 and I now have another company, Asset Acceptance, telling me...

7 Year Old Debt [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I received a restrainig notice from my bank in re of a debt from 5/1999. I filed a dispute because I do not believe I owe this money (I have never had the credit card in question). I now receive a phone call in re of a second credit card account from 10/1999 & they are trying to collect on....

A year in debt [ 3 Answers ]

I had a debt with several credit cards, I was making payments, my credit was clean. A year ago I had to move overseas due to a family emergency, I have not been able to move back to the US, nor was I able to make payments while gone. Itīs bad I know. Looks like I maybe able to finally come back,...

14 year old debt [ 8 Answers ]

My husbands ex wife opened an account with a jewerly company in 1992. I just got a letter today 2006 that we owe all this money. Can they come back after 14 years and demand money after not asking for anything before? Also shouldn't that be the ex wife's responcibitly cause she openind the account...

View more questions Search