Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2006, 11:51 AM
    Nice
    My wife often reminds me to be nice and play well with others, one of my harder things to do, as I am fairly "outspoken"

The same reasons many call the LDS non christian is the same reason that groups call Catholics non christian, so I prefer to stand that people can have a personal relationship in spite of their local churches teachings, some just have a better opportunity.

And who knows, as my wife ( a saint into herself for putting up with me) reminded me, who knows if they were angels sent to see if I would show hospitality to people in this group. Something she lives by not judging many as much as I do.

And from actions such as this, often we can find people drawn to us for acting as Christians.

While I can fault teachings of various groups, if they call upon the name of Jesus, baptise in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
    I can't merely dismiss them because they have accepted perhaps other teachngs of man.

But that is of course another discussion I normally don't get into.

And as in school anything over 70 percent is passing, I will take the 95 and be happy. But of course try for some extra credit latter.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2006, 12:49 PM
    Excellent points. I might add that our (Roman Catholic) own Catechism's language about "who is saved" teaches that it's not like the old [and mostly mis-quoted] attitude of "there is no salvation outside the Roman Catholic Church".

In fact, many Catholic's themselves are oft surprised when they come across a section (of the Catechism) like this example. [Some may need to sit down for the part about Muslims]
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2006, 01:56 AM
    Father Chuck,
    Thanks for a very good and thought provoking post.
    Pax Christi,
    arcura (Fred)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confusion! [ 2 Answers ]

I have been dating my girlfriend about a year now. We have been getting on great... we have just been on our first holiday and we have even started toi talk about marriage. Until last week, when she said she she was confused about her feelings for me. She started by saying she didn't think her...

F1-H1 confusion again! [ 1 Answers ]

IN this website http://www.thetaxguy.com/residency.htm The tax guy says... Dual-Status Aliens Note on page 7 of Publication 519 under Dual-Status Aliens that you could be both a nonresident alien and a resident alien in the same year. That means your tax return becomes more...

Confusion [ 3 Answers ]

I was on the depo shot for 6 years. I got off the shot in January 06. I received my period in 2/06 but this month I haven’t got my period yet. Last month it was over by the 12th. Should I be worried?

Confusion [ 2 Answers ]

My best friend says he misses me and wants to see me but he said he doesn't like me any and we've been friends for over 7 to 8 yrs.. straight and we did go out but it never worked. And I like him a lot... n we've never stopped being friends and I tell him how I feel about him and I don't know what...

View more questions Search