Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    al7cm11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Rental car insurance
    I plan to rent a car in Florida(Naples).
    I have auto insurance for my cars in my state. Do I need any special
    Insurance in Florida ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 22, 2007, 09:20 AM
    Check with your carrier to see if a rental car would be convered.. Otherwise, no.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2007, 09:29 AM
    Call your car insurance carrier, each company has their own rules, and the such, some policies will cover rental, others will not.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Check with you insurance agent, they will be the only one that could accurately answer the question for YOU, in particular we have no way of knowing your details.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 23, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MOWERMAN2468
    check with you insurance agent, they will be the only one that could accurately answer the question for YOU, in particular we have no way of knowing your details.
    Not everyone purchases insurance through an agent. Better to talk directly to the carrier if they don't require dealing through an agent.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2007, 08:12 AM
    No. They may try to sell you a "collision waiver" but you are not obligated to buy it. If you have collision/comprehensive coverage on your own car(s) you should be able to extend that coverage to your rental car. Also, if you are using a credit card to rent it, the credit card company may cover your collision waiver. Be sure to carefully inspect the car for any damage before taking possession of it. If any is found, be sure it is noted on your rental agreement so they don't try to hold you responsible for it when you return the car.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 23, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Yes, do inspect, I have a several thousand dollar claim going on right now, they claim I did damage to the last rental I had, I even bought extra insurane on it in Tenessee where it was rented, but since I returned it in Georgia, they are trying not to accept it, first, but go thogh my auto insurance first ( they claim state law here allows it) So even if you check with your insurance company also there are issues depending on state laws. ** in may case I am letting my insurance company and the rental company lawyers fight it out, either way it is not out of my pocket.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Involved in accident without insurance but she had insurance [ 12 Answers ]

I live in PA. An older lady hit my car per the police report it states that she turned directly into my driverside of my car as I had the right of way. My car was damaged & I was hurt. I contacted my insurance company they told me my policy cancelled 3 days before the accident but its OK now...

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Rental [ 1 Answers ]

Can a landlord ask for first, last and security deposit up front in nh?

Rental [ 2 Answers ]

I didn't realize that all we had to do to remove tenants at will was give them a 30 day no fault notice to quit with no reason. Instead I stated that my children will be moving in. Now I would have to have a good reason if I was taken to court why they didn't. What would be a sufficient reason...

View more questions Search