Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mystic_angel Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Dec 25, 2005, 10:35 PM
    SoulmateS? ('-')
    :o How would you know if you meet already your soulmate? Are there any signs or extraordinary feelings once you meet each other? Are there any difference living up w/ a 'LIFEtime" partner instead of a soulmate??
    i hav this book which tells that soulmates are two souls in the past life who had made a compromise of being together "4eVer". Each of them is a "life-giver" / helper to each other.They lived in the same astral plane, so they create a "MUTUAL connection". One is the perfect HALF of another = therefore...
    " perfect match".

I need a comment please...
    Lavina Posts: 31, Reputation: 9

Dec 28, 2005, 12:56 PM
    I believe that when you do find your soulmate, you just would kind of know. I'm sure you do experience or have the extraordinary feelings for each other, and you feel a connection with each other. You share a feeling of deep affinity, friendship, love, and strong intimacy. In a way they are the other half of your heart, the other half of one soul that are destined to find each other. You have this person always on your mind every single day, you have deep feelings for them, and you have this urge to spend every moment of your life with them by your side. You are proud of everything they do, and you think so highly of them.

If you choose to live with a lifetime partner you might share similar feelings, and they could also probably be the one you are destined to be with. I think if you don't find your soulmate in this life, you will be given another chance to. The person you choose to live with as a lifelong partner is pretty much a close match to your soulmate or could even be your soulmate. You are with someone for a lifetime because you love them, and it's a love that can last forever. I don't think there is much difference.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2005, 01:03 PM
    The only problem with that theory Mystic is that I have noticed happy couples who are complementary to each other (they don't share many traits and interests but that expands their horizons and they find each other interesting for their differences) and others who are united by multitude of common interests. To think that there is one person that is your perfect half is somewhat frightening - when married, whenever you have a disagreement with that person will that cast doubts that he is the perfect half? If yes then you will continue searching while still in a marriage?
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2005, 02:11 PM
    I don't believe in soulmates. I think there could be several people with whom you could fall in love and have a satisfying relationship with, and all those people could be very different from each other. I'm getting married in January and although I love my fiancé very much I would hate to think that he is the ONLY man for me... I mean what if he dies? Does that mean I could never get married and be happy again with someone else?
    Lavina Posts: 31, Reputation: 9

Dec 28, 2005, 02:28 PM
    I think we all got our own opinions about love,and the belief in soulmates and destiny. The idea is nice, but you are right, it's hard to think that there could not be another person out there for you.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 28, 2005, 10:31 PM
    I do believe each person is destined for another, but also we have the free will to choose who we want as our partner. I do not think you should wait around limiting yourself to those with whom you believe are your soul mate. It is great if it happens and works out to be a great relationship. However, enjoy those around you and spend your time and focus building great friendships.
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 29, 2005, 10:55 AM
    I once read in a christian magazine that "soulmate" is a word that was made up by people that chose not to work on the relationships they were already in and instead fled the scene. I sort of agree with that. I mean think about it. You get mad if your man pees on the toilet seat or wears your underwear to work right? Well It seems to me like everyone's ideal soul mate is this perfect angel that doesn't burn the cake or puts the toilet lid down when they pee. No one in this world is that perfect. The minute someone isn't perfect people want to say "well I guess this isn't my "well i guess this isnt my ". That's when people have affairs and the divorce rate flys up in the air. YOu know what if there is a such thing as a soul mate then my ideal soul mate will not mind if my baking turns to crap and that I choose to run out side barefooted to check the mail.
    SoulMate05 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2005, 02:58 AM
    I believe in soulmates. I don't think that its made up at all but lavina is right everyone does have their own opinions. The whole thing about the word soulmate being made up is someone's opinion really if you think about it soulmates have nothing to do with the perfect person. A soulmate is someone that you met from a past life that was on the same plane as you that you happen to meet in your new life. You have more than one soulmate but you don't always get to meet your soulmates in this life. A soulmate is someone that is the other half of you! That's all that you can explain about it... it doesn't mean he is perfect it just means that he is someone that has been your soulmate in your past lives and you have loved.
    sarah11282 Posts: 54, Reputation: 7

Dec 31, 2005, 03:48 PM
    I am not really sure if I believe in soul mates or not but from what I have read we have many soul mates. I think soul mates and past lives are connected. From what I have read we have had many past lives and we usually travel through these lives along with the same group of people. This is called our soul groups. So apparently we have many soul mates, some of which we are connected to romantically, others through family, and others just as friends. I think these roles can changes in different life times. In one life time a certain person may have been a member of you family, in another they may have been your partner and in another they may just be you friend.

So if this is true a lot of people around you are probably your soul mates. And if that is true it means that we have the potential to meet and be with many soul mates and not just one.

I have also read about twin flames. Aparantly this is your other half but it is not very often that you meet your twin flame. I think it is usually soul mates that you meet through your life.
    ranieri Posts: 136, Reputation: 13

Jan 9, 2006, 10:10 AM
    Mystic angel
    Dear one a soul mate is not even a real word. It is one of those words invented by hollywood to describe a love. The romantic love the perfect love that will meet all of our personal needs be at our every beck and call and we will never fight with and have the perfect Donna Reed life. Totally bogus idea!
    A true so called soul mate is one that you new before in a previous lifetime.. maybe only once before maybe you were togther many life times before.
    Before you come to this planet to be born into this world, you and God (or whom ever you believe in) decide what lessons were learned in the previous life time and what you still need to work on, what you didn't learn and any open ends, unfinished business that needs taking care of. Soooo
    You and God decide how best for you to learn these things and to put up roadblocks to things you don't need in your life. Areas that were already done and dealt with and to bring up test for yourself to see if you really did learn it and if you will pass this time or fall into the samew nagative patterns as lived before in your previous lifetime. You put into your life people and situations that will help you grow if you get stuck, to put fire under you so you remember what your lessons are here this time.
    So you actually make argue with this person more, depending on how you perceive this, or have no patience with a certain person, and that person that bugs you the most is the one you can bet you put there on pupose to help you learn patience or whatever. Peace ranieri

Jan 9, 2006, 10:17 AM
    Ha! Told you it was a made up word!
    ranieri Posts: 136, Reputation: 13

Jan 9, 2006, 12:09 PM
    Crankiebabie
    You have read my posts to get this info no one else would have this info. Don't ha like you told her so. Peace ranieri

Jan 9, 2006, 01:46 PM
    Well actually I didn't mean to direct it at anyone to hurt feelings. Im sorry if I did. Its not some big mysterious secret that soul mates are not for real. I mean what about the people that never find anyone and go their whole life being used or alone? Do they not deserve to be happy too? That's why I don't buy it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search