Sparkle04 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2007, 08:26 PM
    Opinion on Abortion
    What is your opinion about abortion?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 21, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Another can of worms opened.

I refuse to answer this question as it is a very personal decision whether one believes or not.

Why do you ask?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2007, 08:29 PM
    Are you asking for the purpose of a debate, or are you having a problem that you need help with?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2007, 08:38 PM
    Yes, if you wish to have a open discussion, we can move this over to the member discussion section, where there is more "room" for opinons and free speech. But this subject has been discussed to death there are those who want it, those who believes it is a personal choice and others who believe it is wrong, no one is changing their minds.

So why do you wisht o discuss this, if for discussion we can move it to discussion, if you have a specific need, tell us what it is

Dec 21, 2007, 08:38 PM
    Just wondering, where I live it is illegal, so I wanted to know from people who live in other places.
    Expert

Dec 21, 2007, 08:44 PM
    <Moved to Member Discussions>
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2007, 08:58 PM
    Ok, now it is on discussion, non medical opinion it is the killing of an inocent baby and is worst than the war crimes of WWII in Germany and the american medical community doing this should be treated like the war criminals from WWII for their death chambers for the babies.

But then you asked my opinion
    Expert

Dec 21, 2007, 09:15 PM
    I am neither pro life, nor pro choice... I take the holistic approach. The approach that many do not even understand...

I take the mental and physical health of the mother into consideration as well as the physical health of the fetus.

Abortion should never be used as a form of birth control... but if there are medical issues that involve the life of the mother, and/or the life of the fetus, then these should be discussed prior to making a decision either way.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2007, 01:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    I am neither pro life, nor pro choice...I take the holistic approach. The approach that many do not even understand....

I take the mental and physical health of the mother into consideration as well as the physical health of the fetus.

Abortion should never be used as a form of birth control....but if there are medical issues that involve the life of the mother, and/or the life of the fetus, then these should be discussed prior to making a decision either way.
    I agree, J_9; it's not an easy decision for a majority of the women who are faced with the situation, and mental and physical states should be accounted for. Counseling should take place before and after the procedure to hopefully avoid the situation in the future and to help women cope with their decision (whatever it might be).

It's a passionate topic, most everyone has an opinion, and most remain firm on their "side".
    e_k_e_f Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Dec 22, 2007, 02:58 AM
    This is definitely a very personal question.

From my point of view, I think an abortion should only be done if there are serious medical issues or the person is far too young and is physically unable to bring up a child.

Abortion shuld not be done as a form of birth control, its like murder!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2007, 03:53 AM
    In the United States there have been apx 45 million children murdered since 1973. Such genocide should not be permitted anywhere.
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Dec 22, 2007, 08:37 AM
    So I thought about it, and the first thing that came to mind is : What kind of person goes through medical school with the ambition to become an aborionist? How would you live with yourself being one?

I never really thought about abortion because I never knew much about it. I was "pro-chioce" because I thought that an abortion took place while it was still in cell division... I was wrong.

I searched it on the internet because I thought I'd get videos on people who were giving their opinions about it. Instead I got videos that were so awful I had to turn them off. These videos told in detail how an abortion was proformed depending on which trimester it was in. Who knew that you could get an abortion in the 3rd trimester!! I consider that murder.

If you have a weak stomach do not read the rest of my post.
    This is what the video told me:
    1st trimester they use a vacuum to pull the fetus out.
    2nd trimester they inject saline soution into the amnionic fluid knowing that the fetus will swallow it and die of convolutions and sezures.
    3rd trimester is too awful to describe, but if you want to know you can Google it yourself.

The only time an abortion should be permitted is for health reasons or the person was raped. For any other reason it is just murder and a quick fix for irresponsiblity.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2007, 11:09 AM
    mjl MOST of the time, abortion in the 3rd trimester is performed because of health complications which compromise the life of the mother or the baby. It is unusual for one to take place so late because the mother "changed her mind". Just as an FYI. :)
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Dec 22, 2007, 12:49 PM
    I'm not sure what I think about the whole thing. I can understand it if the mother might die. I think I agree with what J_9 said about it. I really don't like seeing people use it as a form of birth control. I had a friend in high school who went out and got one and she never once even tried to use any form of birth control. It made me so mad! She could have taken the 2 seconds to use a condom or take a pill! I think sometimes people dismiss the responsibilities that go along with sex.

Dec 22, 2007, 02:26 PM
    I agree jillianleab, I didn't know that. I also where I come from abortions are not done. I don't know all of the specifics.

Dec 22, 2007, 02:31 PM
    I didn't know that!
    Expert

Dec 22, 2007, 02:38 PM
    Elective abortions are done during the first trimester (first 12 weeks), anytime after that they are primarily done due to dangers that the pregnancy pose on the physical health of the mother.

Elective abortions are when a woman CHOOSES to terminate the pregnancy and many places will not do one past 12 weeks of gestation.

Medical abortions are primarily when mom is at risk for losing her life or possible permanent damage that can occur because of a pregnancy.

You see, when people think about abortion, rarely do they see that there is another side to it other than simply terminating a pregnancy because the woman does not want a child. This is not always the case.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 03:04 PM
    I am pro life and agree with J_9. Abortion should be taken seriously. Not "we can't afford an ideal bedroom for the baby or college when he/she is grown" I raised 4 kids by myself on $1,000. A month and I am so proud of them and looking forward to my first grandbaby in April.

Also, I have seen stories of adult children reunited with their birth mother that can't thank their mother enough for not taking their being raped out on them by aborting them.

So medical reasons is the only way I believe abortion should be considered. From what I have heard abortion for medical reasons is rather rare.

Dec 30, 2007, 03:15 PM
    Congratulations on the soon to be new baby!
    Starrviolet Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Jan 1, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle04
    What is your opinion about abortion?
    Abortion is something that's always going to stir up a mess of different opinions people are going to get pissed off and its never just going to be a discussion, but rather a debate..

I knew this girl who had two babies one was 2 and then she had another baby boy... well shortly after that one was born she found out she was pregnant again. And I remember her telling me right after she found out.. and the woman waited 3 months until she even told her boyfriend, and waited a whole nother month after that before she decided if she was going to keep the baby or not just because she is not ready to have yet another baby, and cannot afford it at that time.. All this enraged me.. because not only at the time I was having trouble conceiving, but the stupid woman ALLOWED herself to get pregnant and basically used abortion as birth control... she almost died from the procedure too because aparently she was further along than they all thought.

The ONLY time I feel abortion is OK is if A. woman is raped... child is molested, and becomes pregnant... or B. the fetus isn't developing properly and it is putting the mother in distress physically, causing her harm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Abortion? [ 54 Answers ]

I haven't told anyone about this... if I had a baby now id would be so unhappy. I don't have the money or the time kto put into it... same with my boyfriend... we are not married yet, we are taking things one step at a time, if we had a baby it would screw up our plans. You know? Well if I turn...

After abortion [ 13 Answers ]

I had an abortion by using pills before 9 months my periods are also normal after that but there is secreation of white liquid from my breasts and liquid comes out of the nipples from multiple holes.I m worried please tell me what it is?

After the abortion [ 4 Answers ]

I had an abortion about 2 weeks ago. I was told by my medical provider to not have sex for 3 WHOLE WEEKS! I understand that my body has to heal, but unfortunately my man and I had sex within 6 days. Right after making love I began to bleed. Since then I have been bleeding very lightly but...

View more questions Search