Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caperpudge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2007, 06:23 PM
    To sharpen or not to sharpen
    My son is two and a half years old and I just purchased his first pair of skates. To me, a thirty year old beer league player at best, the new skates seem dull. Is this for his protection or should they be sharpened so he can learn proper feel for the blades from the start. Of course he will have proper protection and I will be with him at all times on the ice.
    peter030205 Posts: 56, Reputation: 5

Feb 15, 2008, 11:26 AM
    Get them sharpened. New skates usually aren't sold sharpened, but for him to get the best edge you should have them done.
    tormenter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 06:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by caperpudge
    my son is two and a half years old and i just purchased his first pair of skates. to me, a thirty year old beer league player at best, the new skates seem dull. is this for his protection or should they be sharpened so he can learn proper feel for the blades from the start. of course he will have proper protection and i will be with him at all times on the ice.
    Get them sharpen

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I sharpen table saw blade [ 19 Answers ]

Can someone explain how to sharpen carbide tipped 10" table saw blades? I have a grinder and a Dremel tool, and I would like to sharpen my blade myself. Please indicate if there is an angle to the tips, just the outer edge sharpened? Please tell me step by step. Thanks.

View more questions Search