Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bumbumSlovesPdumdum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2007, 05:40 PM
    m18 want to marry my 1st love/boyfriend .how to tell my parents?
    I just turned 18 I never had a real boyfriend cause I was never allowed to see people they disapprove of dating and stuff, m arabian my parent sent me here (u.s) to get into med school and become a doctor they always wanted me to focus on nothing but books and career and forget about living life. The whole time since June I been away from them in university I fell in love with sum1 and it's a long distance relationship. Now we want to get married and I can't tell my parents cause m afraid they'll tell me not to see him again and focus on your work or you are too young or even worst you can't be with him cause he is not of your race.. I love him and I don't want anyone but him.. what should I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 21, 2007, 06:12 PM
    If you have never had a real boyfriend who is this new long distance boyfriend, have you actually meet in person, were are they from.

First of course no matter what your culture, you are in the US and at 18 can do what you want without your parents permission.
    But I believe you need to slow down, and actually date and get to know this person more
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2007, 09:01 PM
    By all means, slow this mating process down and socialize more. It is similar to buying the first car you test drive; what do you compare it to?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 22, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Your all in love for the first time, and instead of making sure of both your feelings, you want to marry him? That's not to smart, as your love will be proven in time and actions, not just in intense feelings. Get your education, and if this love stands the test of time, then you can make a decision. Right now your just jumping at the first fish that jumps out of the pond. What's important is your education, so you can feed yourself, just in case you find out he is a bum. Be smart and love yourself enough to realise what important.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I do ? I want to marry my love [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, I am 28 and in love with my 27yrs old GF for 4 years. Girl belongs to high status family then me. Her parents are not ready to marry her with me as I still do not have a good house of my own. I stay with my parents in New Delhi INDIA. I am a preofessional earning handsome salary but not...

My boyfriend won't marry me ? [ 22 Answers ]

Please anyone with advice please help... I have been with my boyfriend for 7 years and he won't marry me. I have talked to him about it for years and he sais that we will soon and then changes the subject.. After a few years of saying that he finally started saying that he is not ready because...

Ma best want to be ma boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

Me an my best friend have been friends since we were Poopin in pull ups... now he want to become more than friends Something lyk boyfriends... what should I do?? :confused: :(

I love her, but can't marry her! [ 3 Answers ]

I AM SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW. I am in love with this girl, and she loves me. We have been dating for 6 months and love each other so much we can't to spend the rest of our lives together. The problem is she won't be 18 for another year. Her parents don't like me and wish I would hit the road. As soon...

I'm 17 and my boyfriend wants to marry me [ 20 Answers ]

I'm just 17 and my boyfriend who is 18 has plans on giving me a engagement ring the day of my graduration in '08. I told him I don't want to get married until after college but he said he wans to give it to me to always remember him by and so when I finish college (he's planning to going to college...

View more questions Search