Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Agharesen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2007, 10:27 AM
    Does any one have a sample copy of Notice to Pay Rent Or Quit
    Does any one have a sample copy of Notice to Pay Rent Or Quit that theycould share.
    I have a tenant whose rent is overdue and who is not communitcating on the matter. My understanding is that the proper action on my part is to serve the tenant with a Notice to Pay Rent or Quit. I don't want to go and pay a lawyer to do one. If I can find a sample somewhere, I'd sooner type up the Notice myself
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Hello A:

You don't need a lawyer, and you don't need fancy verbiage. A note with the words "pay rent in (3 or 5 days depending on your state) or quit", IS sufficient.

Send it to them by certified mail, return receipt requested. Send another copy by regular mail and hand deliver another copy.

I would also get familiar with the REST of the eviction process. You can read your states law right here at the top of the real estate page on a "sticky note".

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2007, 08:21 AM
    I would suggest, go to office depo or one of the office super stores, go to the forms section, they will have it on disk for your computer, normally with 100 or so forms to use for rental property.

Also go visit the court house and find out all the rules and laws of evictinon in your court. \\]

In all reality this should have been the first trip before you even started reanting any property.

I would keep a eye on th property as often as you can, see if they are moving out. I would normally lose the appliances out of my rental houses about 1 in every 5 renters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pay rent or quit notice [ 7 Answers ]

Renting an apartment in Kansas... just received a "quit or pay" notice "within 3 days". Can't pay. How long do I have before being evicted? What are the next steps? Thanks!

FYI sample Notice of Intent to Defend [ 3 Answers ]

COURT NAME HERE PLAINTIFF NAME V DEFENDANT NAME

No notice entry/ re-rent / notice [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I signed a year lease three months ago. We are currently living in Tennesee. The lease is 20 pages in length with numerous addendums etc. etc. It appears "iron clad". I have two questions, if you answer please consider the state I live in with your reply. 1. The maintenance...

Eviction notice or quit notice [ 1 Answers ]

I've been living in this house for 46 years with my mother, sister and brother. My beloved uncle decided to take over the house because the house needed repairs. He was approved for a second mortgage. Unforunatelly he passed away. My aunt became exceutive of his estate or so she claimed, Any...

Sample Eviction Notice [ 8 Answers ]

I have read that once the lease expires and I want the tenant to move out, I have to give him "Notice", people have suggested doing it by registered mail. But what exactly is "notice"? Does anyone have a copy of "Notice" that they can email me? I figure it must be required to say more than,...

View more questions Search