Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Is Giuliani's First Amendment record and secrecy anything to be alarmed about?
    Some saw Mayor Giuliani as secretive - Rudy Giuliani News - MSNBC.com

His personal life became a public riddle. In mid-2001, Giuliani fled the mayor's residence and began bunking with friends, a gay couple — an arrangement eventually disclosed by the Daily News.

More than two dozen lawsuits were filed during Giuliani's mayoralty accusing his administration of stifling free speech or blocking access to public records. The city lost most of the lawsuits, including fights against the state comptroller, the city public advocate and the city's Independent Budget Office. Giuliani often blamed such battles on political enemies.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2007, 04:02 AM
    Yes a lot of the lawsuit were politically motivated . The fact that he found another place to live while going through a messy divorce is not all that unusual . The rest of this I will leave for Rudy to answer . We certainly have greater access to his public records then we have been given to Evita Clintoon's .
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Well I'm just glad he is out of the hospitial. I hear he got a bad weinie down town from a hot dog vendor and that made him sick.
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2007, 11:58 AM
    He's been out of town too long then. NYers get an iron clad stomach eating dirty water hotdogs. Nothing gives us a belly ache.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Dec 21, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Giuliani was not well-liked by his political opponents... mostly because he didn't play by their rules. He didn't cow-tow to unions, he didn't fold under pressure from special interest groups, and he didn't compromise on his plans for New York City. Along the way, he made lots of political enemies, and more than a few personal enemies. The lawsuits are all just part-and-parcel of doing business in New York. I have no problem with that.

Nor do I have problems with his living arrangements, his relationship with Judith Nathan, or his relationship with his ex-wife.

What he accomplished here in New York far outweighs any talk of "keeping secrets" and "personal lifestyle". He cleaned up the city, lowered crime, brought the economy back from the brink of extinction, and took appropriate action vis-à-vis terrorist leaders long before 9-11 happened.

And he's proven himself to be an excellent leader during times of emergency, leading the city, keeping the people informed every step of the way, organizing quickly, being on top of the latest information, and giving clear, consise, definitive instructions when necessary without hemming or hawing for days.

He would make a very good president: strong, decisive, uncompromising in his plans and values, and with an ability to lead in a crisis.

Elliot
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2007, 12:44 PM
    You are right, Rudy doesn't cow-tow to anyone. He just tells them to go get screwed! I like that in a president.
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2007, 04:22 AM
    I see the NY Slimes exonerated Rudy from charges that he shifted money around to hide expenses related to security protection while he visited Judith Natan . But they buried the story in the Politics section of the paper;page A-35 .

NY Times Advertisement

"I hope they will have the decency to clear my name with the same publicity with which they have now besmirched it."Godfather II
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2007, 09:44 PM
    YouTube - Giuliani Gets Exposed As Fraud by Firefighters
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2007, 08:15 AM
    I am blocked on the computer I am using from Youtube but I am aware of the union's charges against Rudy .
    Rudy has answered all the phony charges made by the head of the Firefighter's union.These union leaders do not represent the bulk of the FDNY rank and file. They are the few that clapped when Hillary came on stage to speak to the firefighters at the concert shortly after 9/11.

The rank and file should be complaining about their own chain of command for radio problems and preparedness.
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2007, 11:18 AM
    It really is compelling. Safety equipment is there to save your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you get your record expunged [ 1 Answers ]

I was on deferred adjudication probation for theft over 50 under 500. I went through the probation and did everything I was supposed to and this was not supposed to show up on my record. It is still on my record from 1999. How would I go about getting this expunged?

I need to record [ 3 Answers ]

hi, im Ashley, i love singing and i want a website or program i can download to record my music, and singing, does anybody know anything that i could use to record with? :p

How do I record on my PC? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to record songs I made on this dj thing on the computer . What is the easiest way? I heard there was software called Hijacker or something I need help ahhhh Thank you

Not sure how to record in GJ [ 1 Answers ]

We purchased parts and the invoice was $151.02. My husband wrote the check for $151.07. How do I journalize this ?

I'm feeling Alarmed! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, For those who read my earlier posts know what's going on, but for those who haven't- here's short version-- I haven't had my period since Dec. 19th, and have taken home pregnancy tests which all have come up negative but I am showing few possible symptoms of pregnancy such as Acne in...

View more questions Search