Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2007, 08:17 PM
    Full moon and labor
    Just a quick question for all my medical friends here, and anyone else interested... Anyone know if the old wives tale is true and there is a correlation b/w the moon and labor? Just curious... there is one coming up on the 23rd and I thought it would be a fun question to throw out there... I have heard maternity wards are more staffed, but I never know what is just hear say and what is fact... LOL happy holidays all!
    BartsDiamond Posts: 33, Reputation: 2
    -

Dec 21, 2007, 07:23 AM
    I hope that it is not true because I have a schedules C-Section on the 26th of this month and I don't really want to go into labor before then. I will be sure to keep this post at the top of my list. LOL :)
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2007, 08:14 AM
    Well, I can tell you, my doctor told me the same thing, there was a full moon the night before my due date, I was no where near going into labor and an induction date was set for a couple days later, but my doctor warned me to not be surprised if I went into labor that night with the full moon... and wouldn't you know it, I did. He said they have a LOT of women go into labor with the full moon. My mom told me the same thing, and I have heard it around before. So, I've never been much of one for wives tales... and I can't say that it's a for sure thing every time... but in this instance, it sure worked for me ;0) and I really was surprised hah.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 21, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Considering that most women's monthly cycle coincide with the moon cycle--it wouldn't surprise me at all. I don't know medically if that's true or not!

However--I expect to hear that anyone who has their baby on the 24th to name their baby "Synnen", since that's my birthday!
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Dec 21, 2007, 09:11 AM
    I have heard this is true. Someone told me it had something to do with the gravitational pull or something.
    I do know that a full moon does make kids more crazy. As a teacher I promise that the day of a full moon the students are more hyper and crazy than they normally are. I don't know what affect the full moon has on all these students but it honestly does. Strange isn't it?
    leti1980 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Dec 21, 2007, 09:33 AM
    I also have heard of this and when there was a full moon and I was 41 weeks pregnant I was praying it would work for me but it did not lol. Hope it does for you.
    Leti
    lupinia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2010, 06:45 AM
    My mother was due with me on the eighth, but my grandpa said that she would not have it until after the full moon. It happened like he said, and I was born on the twenty-second.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pre labor/False labor [ 4 Answers ]

Ok odd question. How long can pre labor last? I have been having contractions since Sunday and they don't get any closer and/or change in intesity. I was just wondering since even with two previous births I have never before experienced this. I don't even know if it is pre labor or not. I just...

Describe two factors that affect labor supply and two factors that affect labor deman [ 7 Answers ]

Describe two factors that affect labor supply and two factors that affect labor demand. Using economic principles, describe how changes in the labor market have affected you or someone you know.

Second on the moon? [ 8 Answers ]

Which country do you people think will put a man on the moon next? Russia China India European Space Agency Iraq

Which is better settle in full or paid in full [ 20 Answers ]

I had a discover card opened when I was a young adult with my father(about eight years ago). As of a 18 months ago he stop paying on it even though the charges were made by him. Now I'm trying to take a step towards business ventures and this and some other things are on my credit are present. I...

Full Moon Effect [ 19 Answers ]

I don't know if this belongs under folklore or astronomy LOL so please bear with me. I know I have heard that Emergency Rooms experience a measurable upsurge around a full moon. My office seems to get a lot more than the usual weirdness then too. I am wondering do other people or businesses feel...

View more questions Search