Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Dec 20, 2007, 07:36 PM
    The "X" in xmas
    Where did the "X" in xmas come from. You would think it would be "cmas" considering christmas starts with a C.
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Dec 20, 2007, 07:47 PM
    The 'X' in Xmas

I cannot speak for the validity of these statements. It is just some info I thought might get you started in your search for answers.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Wikpedia has a fairly decent article on this: Xmas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I remember from grade school, going to a Catholic school and solely taught by nuns, that one of my fellow students (we were in second grade) used Xmas in a card he was making. You would have thought a bomb fell from the sky - our teacher, Sister Martin DePores, lit into him about using Xmas. No one ever made that mistake again.
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Dec 20, 2007, 07:55 PM
    Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Looking for HD ready TV for Xmas 19"+ cheapest possible [ 1 Answers ]

We are looking for a HD ready TV A.S.A.P as cheap as possible for an XMAS gift, it is really only to play 60hz Xbox games for my brother, because my mother has bought Xbox games for my brother for Xmas which she and I realised soon after won't work on his TV, anybody with offers which are 19"size...

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

View more questions Search