Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2007, 06:51 PM
    Explain this?
    Ok... Trink had been going through a rough patch recently. She was very nervous, would freeze on walks, and just stand there shaking with fear/nerves.

So, I go away for four days, board her, and switch her back to her old food during that time. (She'd been doing fine on it, I switched to a different brand because it was cheaper, but it gave her really soft stools, so I switched back to the first brand.) And when I get back and pick her up... on the very first walk we go on, she's her normal frisky, prancy, happy self. Ears up, tail up, more than happy to trot (and run a little) down the street. Sure, she'll still stop abruptly to sniff good smells and what not, but it's the normal kind of stopping, not the absolutely terrified kind that she had been doing.

So... what gives? Any thoughts on why the sudden transformation? Or do I just accept my blessings and put it down to one of those mysteries of life?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2007, 07:46 PM
    Dogs love their routine. It could be she was put off by the strange food, or even something new in the neighborhood now gone away you didn't even notice.

How have things gone for you? Were you tense about the upcoming trip and relaxed and glad to be back? Any tension or stress will flow right down the leash.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2007, 08:17 PM
    The trip was pretty much a last-minute spur of the moment decision, so it was hectic, but not particularly stressful. And she'd been in this state before I made that decision. Quite honestly, since she had started acting up at the daycare (where she also boards), I expected her to be a nervous wreck when I got her back.

The food might have contributed, especially if it was bothering her stomach. And I'm wondering if the deer rut is over now... there are some in the neighborhood, and that might have bothered her. Or, maybe she thought that if she didn't act happy, I'd leave her at the boarding spot and never come back! :) It's hard to say... nothing seems different that I can put my finger on definitively.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Explain this [ 2 Answers ]

What would you say to someone who is not technically savvy in order to explain how a general model of telecommunications works?

Can anyone explain this? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is sagar. Let me tell you guys that I'm just a crazy fan of cradle of filth.and I've watched their one of the most greatest video Nymphetamine. But I couldn't figure out certain part of their lyrics. Here are they What is the meaning of " white lady laid"...

Could anyone explain? [ 3 Answers ]

When someone sleeps on his/her side,what effect will this have on the person's body? Also when we sleep on our stomach,does this effect our body while we sleep,does it restrict any of our organ functions etc? Another thing I wanted to ask was- When we drink water or other fluids, if we gulp it...

Explain how to do this one [ 1 Answers ]

please explain how to do this one it says to simplify by adding like terms 2x^2 y+3yx^2+x^2 y-x^2 y-4x^2 y^2

View more questions Search