Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AndiB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 10:33 AM
    What am I suppose to do
    This is been going on for a long time. I had my daughter at a young age 16yr old, and my mother and grandmother have raised her the most of the time, but she knows I am her mother;
    Here lately we been at each others throats, she hates me, she's cutting herself, she doesn't want to live with me. I can't say anything to her. There is so much more but, this is the start. It breaks my heart that we've turned out this way, if I could take it all back I would, but I can't. Please if there is answers out there I need help I'm losing my mind.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2007, 04:13 AM
    Okay. Having a child at a young age is not so uncommon a thing these days. Also, mom and grandmother helping to raise a child is becoming more and more commonplace.

It would be good to know what the "so much more" is. We don't have much to go on here other than you think that she hates you, she's cutting herself, she doesn't want to live with you and there is some kind of breakdown in the communication between you two.

What is and has happened in your life and also between the two of you, that may have lead up to the attitude and behavior by her that you describe? Also, how old is your daughter?
    simonehitchings Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2007, 04:50 AM
    I have worked with many a teenage girl, this is typical behavior of somebody crying out for attention and typical teenage girl behavior.
    Don't think your alone, I've had some horrors real nasty creatures.
    Stay strong,
    Two simple rules with teenages. They are going to get into drugs, sex, alcohol you can't stop that, we can try but they are still going to do it.
    Try not to stress, rule one: just let her know that you want her to phone you to tell you she is not coming home. (She will not tell you where she is, don't ask you know she's at a boys house except and move on). Rule two: this ones more for you, you have to pick her up at night whenever she phones you from where ever at what ever time sorry (that one sucks for you).
    She's not going to listen to this but, tell her to make sure he wears a condom more importantly get her onto the deprevira contraception an injection of the pill, you don't want to become a grandma to early.
    She will grow out of this wild behavior we all do (sort of).
    Don't let her think you approve of this behavior, but don't scare her away.
    Just be there to do the two above rules.

Good luck.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2007, 05:07 AM
    I think that it isn't a good idea to be assuming as far as what is really going on here without having more information from AndiB.
    Jackaroo_Trigger Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2007, 01:40 PM
    (coming from a teenager) I think that if you want to talk to her you need to find some common ground, tread carefully but not to carefully she nneds to know you're her mum, if that makes sense. We all go through this, not in the same way, some cope with it better then others. You also need to find out what is so wrong in her life, the reason for cutting. It may even be that she wants a better relationship with you, I don't know if I'm right or wrong but I hope My opinion will help you in some way.
    missmarple Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2007, 02:17 PM
    One other possibility your child could be bulied at school. I kow, it happened to me and similar behavoural symptons were displayed. Hopefully not, but it's very common now. For what it's worth, advise is, be there for her, listen to her, and don't jump to conclusions. Make the opportunity to sit with her and chat . Ask about school (that's if she is at school), even so, bully takes place at work. She might feel she's not popular, ( very common) Anyway, with reassurances from MUM, you'll have a good relationship. Good luck
    Plenty out there in the same situation, believe me!!
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Dec 21, 2007, 03:12 PM
    Take her to see a counselor and a doctor, if you have not already. I'm so sorry you and her are having a difficult time. It is NOT your fault for having her at a young age or anything like that. The cutting thing really worries me.

Do you think that something might have happened to her, like a rape or abusive relationship? Maybe she is bullied, worried about something she feels she can't tell you, or using drugs or alcohol.

See if you can set it up so that she can see a counselor by herself as well as with you. She might feel more comfortable talking about some things without you in the room, like if it's about sex or something. Maybe her doctor or teachers at her school could help you find a counselor. I would take her for a physical too to make sure she is OK. Good luck and I hope things get better soon!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He is suppose to be third party, not me [ 1 Answers ]

I am being with her(W) for 4 and half years, we had gone through many things, we had broken up for 1 time, during the broke up, I had started a relationship with another girl (S). When being up with S , I realised that I still love S. My relationship being with S was gone in half a year. Then, I...

How are you suppose to clean cds correctly? [ 1 Answers ]

:rolleyes: I am trying to find the best way to clean cds and dvds. I have read the dvds are different than cds due to something with fact that they are thinner, or the way they are written, or something, not quite sure, except remember that it stated that dvds should not be cleaned as often as...

What am I suppose to do, girls are so messed up! [ 1 Answers ]

Back in September my girlfreind came over one night and decided that she wanted to go on break... I was blown away cause I didn't not see it coming. We had some minor problems and arguments but nothing out of the ordinary. I wasn't sure what was going on or why it was happening and I continued to...

This brother that I am suppose to marry InshaAllah [ 1 Answers ]

As'Salaamu alaikum Wa Ramatullahi Wa Barakutuh to all just wanted to say hi to everyone,Well there is this one brother that I am suppose to marry InshaAllah,this brother had serveral dreams of me... Let me start my saying that I wear Niqab Alahamduillah,he had alots of dreams where my face was not...

Is this what its suppose to feel like [ 37 Answers ]

Hello Three months ago my dad passed away really suddenly. One month ago, my husband left and said he didn't love me anymore. I believed him. I got all the money in order, went to a lawyer and applied for a new mortgage and bought my husband out. I sorted through the whole house, pictures,...

View more questions Search