Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mary2Ann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 09:51 AM
    Does shoplifting effect getting visa?
    Hello,
    I was caught in 2006 for shoplifting, had 2 charges (for shoplifting, and conspiracy - I was with my friend) in Delaware, US. Now I have criminal record in state of DE.
    I have some questions:

How does the ambassy know of it, should I write YES to the question about crime or lie?

Will it effect getting a US visa?

Will it effect getting Canadian visa and can I not mention to their councillor about this crime/misdemeanor? And any other country?

I am completely lost. I have no professionals to advise or explain me anything:(

Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 20, 2007, 09:55 AM
    NEVER lie!

And yes it could affect getting a Visa.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will shoplifting ruin my visa? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all , I was caught shoplifting at jcp store in Texas.. the amount of the goods were worth $164( I did not check for the prices which th eLP put on paper.. ). I paid for 2 shirts that I took , but the rest of the merchadise plus 2 earings were worth $164. The Lp got me signed on a paper , which...

Does shoplifting lead to visa rejections when submitted for renewal [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all I recenlty got arrested for shoplifting in Texas at jcp store for merchanise worth 160$. I have to renew my depended visa status I'm march'08.will this shoplifting be a problem for appoval of my visa? can't I enter the USA hereafter once my current visa is expired.?

Will shoplifting lead to visa rejection when it is applied for renewal [ 4 Answers ]

I was recently caught for shoplifting in Texas. I'm here on a dependent visa.I really don't know what made me do shoplifting.this is my first time and I got caught. I stole earing and clothes worth 150$ and I was arrested and taken to jail . But was out on bail by nght. I feel really very ashamed...

Total effect + income effect = Substitution effect? [ 1 Answers ]

In intermediate economics we are told that Total Effect = Income effect + Substitution effect but in advance level this relation is changed to Total effect+income effect = substitution effect why is that? Please explain with logic

View more questions Search