Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2007, 09:15 AM
    Wits End
    Dear AMHD:

I hope you can help me here. The other day I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't gone more than a mile down the road when my engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in the bedroom with a neighbor lady making mad passionate love to her. I am 32, my husband is 34 and we have been married for twelve years.

When I confronted him, he tried to make out that he went into the back yard and heard a lady scream, had come to her rescue but found her unconscious. He'd carried the woman back to our house, laid her in bed, and began CPR. When she awoke she immediately began thanking him and kissing him and he was attempting to break free when I came back. But when I asked him why neither of them had any clothes on, he broke down and admitted that he'd been having an affair for the past six months.

I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. I don't feel I can get through to him anymore.

Can you please help?

Wits end.

-------------------------

Hello Wits:

A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the clips holding the vacuum lines onto the inlet manifold for air leaks. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the carburetor float chamber.

excon
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 20, 2007, 09:48 AM
    LMAO, that's a good one!!
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2007, 03:52 PM
    LMAO Brilliant!!
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 21, 2007, 08:16 AM
    R o f l m a o
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2007, 11:32 PM
    Could be vapor locking.
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Dec 21, 2007, 11:35 PM
    Heehee, LOL... I love it!
    mustard_seed Posts: 68, Reputation: 7

May 4, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Maybe a loved one who crossed over to the other side has been reincarnated as your car and wanted him exposed (no pun). The next time you catch him with the next piece of trash, ask for creditable documentation of the events in writing. Remember to read any small print or balloon payment notification at the bottom of the page.
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

May 6, 2008, 06:10 AM
    Lol nice one
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 07:53 AM
    Ha ha... Excon, this was posted so long ago! :) Funneeeee
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2008, 11:51 PM
    LOL!! Loved this one!
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 24, 2008, 11:46 PM
    I suspect it was a pump and delivery of some sort that was the problem! LMAO!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At Wits End [ 18 Answers ]

We have an eight year old son, whom we adopted at age 15 months. He had health problems due to his inutero exposure, which I do not care to elaborate on. He never bonded with his caretakers up to those 15 months. He can be very pleasant, and 'people pleasing', however, he does not want to be told...

My wits end [ 1 Answers ]

Look I have all blood work done, nothing found, gallbladder was fine too.. I don't have my appendix... no ovaries... but sever right pain under breast and travels to middle of rib cage on my side... the doctors think I am crazy... have had this 3 months and it is making me suicidal oops misspelled...

At my wits end [ 5 Answers ]

I have been at my current job for 1 year and 5 months. I have not received a raise ever and the work load is getting bigger and bigger! I guess I consider myself somewhat of a coward because I haven't asked for a raise yet but why should I they should just give me one because it would only be fair...

I'm at my wits end here :( [ 5 Answers ]

I need Help. I could cry over this matter. I feel I have no way out currently. Here's my story. When I lived in UK for 6 years I had such a challenging well paid job. I was a mortgage consultant and I gained lots experience and also a boost to my personality. Anyway to cut a long story...

View more questions Search