Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marcoze Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2005, 06:55 AM
    Can u get an STD by sitting on a toilet?
    I think I have an STD( Gonorrhea or Chlamydia). So every time I go to pee, I pee like a girl cause I don't want to take a chance and infect the toilet seat, after I am done I clean the whole toilet with soap and stuff, so can you get an STD by touching the urine on the toilet or by sitting on the toilet seat?

Thanks
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 24, 2005, 07:15 AM
    Okay first a question. Have you been tested to be for sure that you have a std? Get to a doctor and get tested. No excuses. You can get sick period by touching a dirty toilet seat and not washing your hands. Im not sure about stds. I would think they could find away into the other persons body like if they put their hand near their mouth or had a cut. Its nice that you clean the toilet seat when you are done though. Get to a doctor and ask your doctor about these things.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2005, 08:19 AM
    Toilet seats
    Hi,
    Here is just one link for some more information:
    http://www.onlinedatingmagazine.com/...pubiclice.html

No, just sitting on a toilet will not infect you; normally.
    I do agree with the other post about seeing a doctor. Please see one, get treatment, before anything gets worse. It's much better for your own "peace of mind" to know, if anything is wrong, and what to do about it.
    I do wish you the best.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 24, 2005, 08:33 AM
    Std
    STD are very serious, and some of the worst ones can cause very serious health issues including death if not found early and treated.

(and of course some like AIDS have no cure at this point)

Go to the local health department and get tested, this is and can be very serious nothing to be clicking online help for ( but it is a start) but you need real life help from real professionals.

By the way, I carry a professional strength disinfectent with me and use it on all public rest rooms. With our work with the elderly for all sorts of illness people may have, not all STD, some can be caught by contact with objects they contact. So there is always chances of getting all sorts of things from contact with public objects.
    knikija Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2012, 01:47 PM
    Can u get a std if someone left discharge on toiletseat

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pet Sitting Business [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I are opening a pet sitting, pet walking, doggie day care business. Can anyone suggest a great name for our business. Thank you.

Why am I always be sitting on the bench a lot? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I'm new and oldcoach I have a question. Why am I always be sitting on the bench a lot? I'm 15 years old and I'm a sophomore and I been playing basketball for three years and this is my 2nd year playing J.V. girls basketball and I play small forward and guard and I really need help on my...

Black ring around tub drain after sitting overnight in bleach? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - I was cleaning the bathtub w/bleach & forgot to drain it. It sat overnight with the bleach solution. The next morning there was a black ring right at the edge of the drain. It seems like something that seeps out from under the edge of the drain.. I can't get rid of it now, a little comes off...

Arranging chairs in a sitting room with too many doors. [ 1 Answers ]

My sitting room has too many doors and as such it is a bit difficult arranging the seats especially now that we need to fit in a TV and other furnitures. How do I solve this problem.

I'm just a bill sitting here on capital hill [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry about that I just couldn't resist the title! I'm wondering how does an average citizen get a federal law passed.I do not wish to deal directly with my congressman because the law I would like to see passed will definitely ruffle some feathers in Washington :eek:

View more questions Search