Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wwi1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 03:52 AM
    Private Numbers
    If someone calls me and there number shows private how do I get there cell phone number
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2007, 04:03 AM
    You have to get their number from them and put it in your phone. It will still show Private when they call though. Caller ID is something that I didn't grow up with; who was on the phone was always a guess and a surprise. We had to find a pay phone too and pull over to make a call. Cell phones are great.
    wwi1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 04:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie
    You have to get their number from them and put it in your phone. It will still show Private when they call though. Caller ID is something that I didn't grow up with; who was on the phone was always a guess and a surprise. We had to find a pay phone too and pull over to make a call. Cell phones are great.
    If I kew who it was then I would have put the number on my phone u still not answering my ?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2007, 05:23 AM
    Hello w:

You CAN'T get their number.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 20, 2007, 06:51 AM
    Basically you can not find out, you can answer and ask them their number,
    I just refuse to answer or block any calls that do not show the caller.

If it is something illegal or harassment, you can file a police report and the police can find the number. But remember if they are using a prepaid cell phone there is no way to trace who it belongs to, just a number.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 20, 2007, 07:04 AM
    When CallerID was first being offered, privacy advocates hamstrung it by allowing people to opt out it by leaving their numbers private. The only way you can find out what a private number is or who it belongs to is to answer the phone and ask.
    Prettyampz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 06:02 AM
    I have a similar problem with this annoying private call... and I agree if I know who's calling me I would have put their number on my phone.. and as for asking them their number, why else they put their number private if they want you to know their number.. that's why they are private so you will now know them and so to continue to annoy you..
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2008, 02:54 PM
    Being annoyed by what is, is a choice. Choose acceptance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Private numbers and caller ID on computer [ 14 Answers ]

Hello Everyone I have a question I would like to know so if you could help me I sure would appreciate it. Also this is my first time of on this site so bare with me a little please. I would like to know if I have a caller ID on my computer and the software can I received my calls on my computer...

Private numbers [ 2 Answers ]

How can I display a private number after call. Any special code for it?

Unblocking Private Numbers [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a program to Unblock Private Numbers?

Unblocking Private Numbers [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me on how to unblock private numbers? My phone is Nokia N80.

Message from private numbers [ 5 Answers ]

I know the way to make private calls (the 31 thing) but was wondering what do I have to do to send a private message?

View more questions Search