Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sacramento Posts: 163, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Consumption of natural gas
    If a constant temperature of 68 degrees is maintained in a home in Autumn and Winter and there is an outdoor average temperature ranging from 36 degrees to 51 degrees, will the amount of natural gas consumed in home heating vary by a great deal? Can anyone guesstimate what the variation would be? Thank you.:) :confused:
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 27, 2008, 03:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sacramento
    If a constant temperature of 68 degrees is maintained in a home in Autumn and Winter and there is an outdoor average temperature ranging from 36 degrees to 51 degrees, will the amount of natural gas consumed in home heating vary by a great deal? Can anyone guesstimate what the variation would be? Thank you.:) :confused:
    The actual consumption remains the same.
    The actual metered consumption may vary, depending on the location of the metering device.
    The incoming gas is colder (i.e. of less volume) upon entering the house. If the meter is immediately after entering the house, gas expansion will take place after metering, i.e. the meter will indicate slightly less than the actual consumption. However these differences are marginal.
    ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Underage consumption [ 2 Answers ]

My friend is on probation for underage consumption in Minnesota and just got another one in Wisconsin. What will happen to her

Underage alcohol consumption [ 1 Answers ]

If you are a juvenile in miami county in Ohio only 14,girl got a underage alcohlol consumption what are the charges in the juvenile court system for a underage alcohol consumption.

Electricity Consumption [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I was on holidays and surprised to see our electricity bill. My wife told me that mostly our bills are double to the bills of our neighbours and relatives. We are getting bills of double the amount of many of our neighbours and relatives who are using the same number of lights and...

Underage consumption ticket in WI [ 3 Answers ]

I received a ticket for underage consumption of alcohol while walking home. I've been trying to find methods for fighting a ticket of this nature and have a few questions. A few people have told me that at least for many traffic tickets, the cop often doesn't appear in court and these cases are...

MIP/Consumption [ 2 Answers ]

My 19-year old son has received a summons to appear in court for MIP/Consumption of Alcohol by a minor. We have never been to court for anything. I will accompany him. What should we expect? Are there questions we should ask? Will he have a "record?" I'd appreciate any help you can give us. ...

View more questions Search