Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tlaw Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Disability doctor exam
    Can you tell me what the disability exam will consist of and what questions they may
    Ask my husband? Thank you:) :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 19, 2007, 01:03 PM
    Well, we have to know why he is applying for disability.

Is it mental health?

If it's his physical health, what is wrong?

More details are needed as to your husband's disability to answer the question properly.

Dec 19, 2007, 02:34 PM
    He has ra, diabetes, neuropathy, liver disease, joint pain , swelling lower extremities
    Neck, shoulder, back pain, fatigue -- by the way congrats on grade average I am
    Also an rn for 14 years good luck and st. judes is right near us here in hsv. :)
    Expert

Dec 19, 2007, 02:53 PM
    Thank you so very kindly for the congrats on the average. If you remember school, it's not so easy, especially with kids. LOL

Oops, guess I better update that... I have taken a leave from St. Jude (memphis) during my last year, and will be working in labor & delivery during at the local hospital during my last semester.

Now, back to your question. Is this a doctor that has been assigned to him? Or his regular doctor? Many times just the medical records alone will suffice.

Is this his first attempt at disability? Has he been turned down before?

Dec 19, 2007, 02:57 PM
    He was denied - and attending hearing and judge wants more on his pain he saw
    A disability dr. once but the documentation wasn't what the judge wanted and of course
    His regular md will not fill out the pain questions because he is not qualified to- so now
    We go tomorrow to another disability dr and to say the least he, my husband is nervous
    And can't remember all the questions the 1st one asked plus there was a bit of a language
    Barrier that he did not understand her well
    Expert

Dec 19, 2007, 03:08 PM
    I am surprised that his doctor's records were not subpoenaed. This is the usual course of action.

In all honesty, I can't tell you what the doctor will ask. But much of it may depend on his diabetes management. They may require a HA1C, as well as the usual H&H, WBC, ESR, along with his list of medications.

Will you be going with him? As a patient advocate, you may want to. If there is a language barrier, he has the right for an interpreter, or he can tell the doc he doesn't understand, don't let the nurse leave the room, have the nurse interpret, as she is probably familiar with the doctor's language.

Does he have a disability attorney working for him? If not, that may be an avenue you may want to go down.

Dec 19, 2007, 03:42 PM
    I have gone to all the appts /will go again -- I have gotten all his medical records
    To the atty so maybe it will all work out
    Expert

Dec 19, 2007, 03:43 PM
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Please keep me posted as to what you find out.

Good luck. You will be in my thoughts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teacher retirement disability and social security disability [ 1 Answers ]

I qualified for both teacher retirement disability and social security disability. I saw the quote (below) but I'm uncertain how or if it also applies to me. "If the disability comes from Social Security, it is tax free. If it comes from your employer, it IS taxable." Also, my son...

Exam 70-291 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello guys I have been planning to take MCSE cert exam 70-291. Can any one just help me to get some good study notes and practice questions? I need a real help.

Which exam should I start with? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all I am new in this forum and have just joined yr group. I have been planning to take some IT CERTIFICATION, this will add an extra feather in my cap.I have decided to take MCDBA. I have already some hand in knowledge in SQL. Will any one suggest me which exam should I start with.

Pelvic exam [ 6 Answers ]

Bah, this sounds like a stupid concern, but I don't know, it bugs the hell out of me. My girlfriend is (most likely) about to go on birth control, which means she's going to be having her first pelvic exam. And from what little I know of it, it's a... stretch... in most cases, so I guess my worry...

View more questions Search