Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tracey ross1102 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Does funny or quick witted = intelligence?
    In order to be considered witty or funny would that person need to be have somewhat of a high intelligence? In other words, do you have to be smart to be funny, or quick witted?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2007, 11:40 AM
    By smart do you mean highly educated? I think you need to be clever, but not necessarily book smart to be funny.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 24, 2008, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tracey ross1102
    In order to be considered witty or funny would that person need to be have somewhat of a high intelligence? In other words, do you have to be smart to be funny, or quick witted?
    Some intelligence is surely required, but those excelling in the IQ department are not all too often the most witty or funny types...
    ;)
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2008, 09:31 PM
    Very true... it goes both ways...

I've seen professors with two PhDs that can't make a baby laugh.

I've also seen some pretty unintelligent kids have the fastest comebacks.

I guess it's in the person's personality... of course, it helps if you're cultured and relatively educated so that you may be able to make references and have a greater "box of jokes"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intelligence [ 2 Answers ]

Are we any more intelligent as humans than 200 hundred years ago? I don't mean base intellignece because I believe if some intelligent beings from long ago lived today (Newton, Edison, Einstein), they would still be considered as intellignet as humans go today.

Language vs Intelligence [ 6 Answers ]

Hello: In the days before language, how did we think? Did we form pictures in our heads? Were we as smart as we are now? excon

Mystical Intelligence: [ 2 Answers ]

Speculation can be directed towards the Mayan civilization in Mexico. Only the magnificently decorated public buildings are left but are now being strangled by the forest at Angkor. Did the survivors of Atlantis, the lost continent, migrate east to Egypt to bring pyramids to the valley of the Nile...

View more questions Search