Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Xx.Blue.on.Black.Xx Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Feb 23, 2006, 08:50 PM
    I used this because it is a name of a song,thus titled "blue on black." It is one of my favourites and holds a significance with me:rolleyes:
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2006, 10:18 AM
    That's cool. I like the effects of the "x's" on either side, too! Who sings the song "Blue on Black" by the way?
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2006, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    Mongoose agrees: Mine is Mongoose 'cause I had this amazing cat that thought he was a dog !! He died on Mother's Day about 6 years ago and now we name Mother's Day - Mongoose Day ! I still miss him
    Awww that's a nice story, Mongoose! I also have a cat who acts like a dog. He plays fetch and will walk on a leash. He is a 13 year old siamese, and I'm going to be very sad to lose him.
    Aton3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 4
    -

Mar 7, 2006, 07:58 AM
    Aton3 is the latest variant of the name Aton, that I have used for the past four years on three other sites. I chose it for two reasons. The Aton represents the ONE God introduced by the Ancient Egyptian 'heretic' Pharaoh Akenaten... who conceived the idea of Monotheism long before the authors of the Penteteuch. It represents my life long interest in world religions and belief systems, and my life long love affair with Egypt... one of my areas of expertise. Will be happy to address any questions of Egypt.. ancient or modern.
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2006, 10:31 AM
    Thanks Aton, that's really interesting. I always thought Zoroastrianism was the first religion to have monotheism. Anyway welcome, if I have any questions about Egypt I will definitely ask you! :)
    Aton3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 4
    -

Mar 7, 2006, 12:12 PM
    Comment on orange's post
    Thanks, orange. Until Akenaten, ancient egyptians believed in a type of henotheism, one god over all the other gods. But Akenaton claimed there were NO other gods... Only ATON.
    mamayh37 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2006, 10:41 AM
    FR is an abbreviation for "Father" as when you address a priest:)
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2006, 02:38 AM
    I thought I'd actually put me in my avatar. I'm the one on the bottom right by the way.
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2006, 11:41 AM
    Oh that's cute LTheobald. You have nice eyes! :)
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Mar 14, 2006, 01:15 PM
    Well I always go back and forth between using a pic. Of myself and an actual picture... but since this pic was taken only a week ago... I now have a recent one to use.
    Cowgurrrl22 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2006, 08:48 AM
    Heyy my username is based on my love 4 horses! I love horses and I would die w\out them. So I just put a bit of my own style w\ the gurrrl part. The 22 is my fave # so that explains mine. 4 othat things I use this 2! But 4 AOL I have harleyroxmisox and harleysluvver2 2 is also my fave #, rox mi sox is my fave saying, and harley is my horse. I also have crazy4mihorse, that's obvious-i love my horse... the last username I like 2 use is Singa4life22- as I mentioned 22 is my fave # AND I love 2 sing, 1 day I hope 2 share my talents w\ the world!
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2006, 08:55 AM
    Welcome to the site Cowgurrrl22! I also like horses... I assume you ride? Thanks for sharing the meanings of all your usernames! :)

Apr 20, 2006, 08:58 AM
    yes I ride... I ride western and show in gymkhana and western pleasure... I have done sum english though. I have 2 horses and mite half lease another. I have a gymkhana show on April 30... wish me luck~!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 21, 2006, 05:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowgurrrl22
    heyy my username is based on my love 4 horses!
    Howdy,

Why not use a horse for your avatar?

Apr 22, 2006, 06:37 AM
    Yea I tried puttin in 1 but it was 2 big I will have 2 search 4 more!
    milliec Posts: 262, Reputation: 55

May 2, 2006, 11:38 AM
    Hi !
    Millie is short for Emilia - the way my family shortened it before I could speak. When I did I made it even shorter: mia
    C - reading all the above posts: it the most banal possible-
    The initial of my maiden name.
    The avatar I "adopted" today - to remind MYSELF and whoever reads what I've posted, the real proportions of life.
    (I guess I should do some thinking regrading the reason for choosing to present myself here with a name which brings me back to the beginning of my life!)
    Millie
    :) :) :) :) :) :)
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2006, 11:42 AM
    I like your avatar, Millie. It's infinity, right? Thanks for sharing. :)
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

May 5, 2006, 09:32 AM
    Hi, I chose my user name because I love swim. Plus my birthday is in March and I'm always at home (unfortunately, not swimming). At least that's how it seems. LOL I don't have a picture yet, I just haven't found something I really want yet. I had to work on my signature first, now I can look for a picture. Very nice thread Chava!
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2006, 06:47 PM
    Comment on aqua@home's post
    Thanks aqua... looking forward to seeing your avatar when you pick one! :)
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

May 19, 2006, 05:27 PM
    Okay, I'll bite! I have so enjoyed reading all the stories behind the id's. What a terrific idea, Chava!

The picture is of our two cats, Bill and Bob. Our one-hundred-mile-an-hour black lab dog Missy won't stand still long enough to get in the shot. We obviously love animals, including a 50 gallon aquarium we call "cat tv". :p

My name is a reference to the fictional land in the stories written by Tolkien that saw much sadness mostly, I believe, because the inhabitants couldn't or wouldn't learn the lesson.

Makes a small nervous curtsey now lol :o

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hello... I still need help finding my avatar that I wanted or if anyone could help me design one. I only wanted a basic black background with a silver infinity on it at least 61x61pixels, please let me know. Ali

Hello, I am new to this site. I need help in designing my own avatar. It's just a basic black background with a silver Infinity avatar about 61X61 pixels. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it. Thank you JA

Help With Avatars - pleeez! [ 9 Answers ]

This is going to sound really dumb, I know, but how do I add an avatar to my signature and how do I use it on different forums? I've found various sites and seen ones I like, but I don't know what to do next! Also, one last thing - how do I create my own? I feel stupid *and rather daft*...

View more questions Search