Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    APERFECTWIFE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2005, 11:04 AM
    Midi Music
    Would like to know if there is any sites in Google where midi music also has words in them.
    Thanks
    Jack
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Dec 27, 2005, 04:22 AM
    Hi from my experience I don't think that midi can have words in due to the compression format used. I may be wrong bu tthats what I was told. Thanks
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2005, 06:17 AM
    Midi's
    Hi,
    Midi's don't have words in them. My wife has an unbelievable collection of Midi's, plus other types of songs.
    I've never heard any words in a Midi. They are the "simplest" of all songs, being not very large in size.
    You can find a "normal" song on the web for just about any Midi. Best of luck.
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Jan 11, 2006, 10:58 PM
    MIDI stands for "Musical Instrument Digital Interface". It is a codec that only inludes "on and off" commands for various notes; i.e. it is not a recording of a waveform, and therefore cannot possibly have lyrics. In other words, it is not a recording of an existing sound, but rather like a series of instructions to the computer - i.e. imagine the computer pulling out a piano or violin or whatever, and then consulting the MIDI file merely to know which keys to press or which strings to strum to produce the disired tune from scratch.

The closest you can get to having lyrics in a MIDI file is the variation known as the *.KAR format, which allows karaoke-style lyrics to be displayed on the computer screen (but not actual spoken lyrics).

For more information, see the Wikipedia article about MIDI.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Midi Program [ 1 Answers ]

Im looking for a freeware Midi program that will play the songs back onto my keyboard.

Midi Software [ 2 Answers ]

I have a simple midi sequencer (Jazzware) which works well except results seem to limited by the default Microsoft Wavetable Synth which presumably is what is translating the midi code into sound. I've tried Google but not been able to identify anything too helpful. Ideas please... XP...

Chips challenge and midi files [ 13 Answers ]

A friend just gave me a copy of chips challenge, which I haven't played for ages! :D I realized though that I can't hear the silly midi songs that went with it, and that's part of the fun. In trying to fix the problem, I discovered that I can't hear midi music on my computer at all. How would I fix...

MIDI Quantization [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, folks. I'm experimenting with MIDI quantization using the Neural Network Toolbox. Any pointers are appreciated. First, a brief discussion on MIDI quantization. In this specific context its purpose is to "correct" a performance by shifting data representing notes played by an...

Cannot Play Midi Files [ 1 Answers ]

When I get an e-mail that say's turn up the volume to hear this--I can't hear anything--I have the volume turned up loud, and no mute buttons on--I can play cd's on here, but cannot hear the e-mails--thank you for any help

View more questions Search