Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Simple Asian Posts: 302, Reputation: 13

Dec 30, 2007, 12:30 AM
    Translator?. why I never thought of that ?

I speak 3 langues... Vietnamese/ CHinese( cantonese) / English... and trying to learn spanish now (second years )...

Yeah I am positive. . dont worried. . I don't getting emotional... it just I want some more time to do something else.. I like/love to do instand of studying...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 12:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Simple Asian
    Translator ? ..why i never thought of that ?

i speak 3 langues.... Vietnamese/ CHinese( cantonese) / English ...and trying to learn spanish now (second years )........

yeah i am positive. .dont worried. .i dont getting emotional...it just i want some more time to do something else ..i like/love to do instand of studying ...
    Three languages? :confused: :D Now, that's even cooler! Awesome! :) This is like a book opening up about you, Steven!

There are tons of jobs out there for translators! Please see the following search. Jobs for Translators - Google Search You might even be able to start at a job now as a translator without going to college first. Although, I do encourage you to still get a college education.

I am still looking for an answer to the following question. Thank you!

"Is there any one class that might appeal to you more than the others?"

Dec 30, 2007, 12:50 AM
    Lol.. it actually 4 languages.. if you consider mandaran( an other chinese languages) then I have 4 languages...

Lol... thanks a lot... it really great... but what kind of study do you have to go thought to become a translator if you have any idea by any chances ?

I am a nerd so I really into MATH and PHYSIC... but the most enjoyable thing I do in school.. is gym... everything about gym.like working out... playing sport.. running... I really enjoy doing it...

I was thinking about major in some kind of sports or a personal trainer... but whatever have to do with sports... it mean like you no... pro stuff.. and I am not really into that

And personal trainer income is not that good to supposed the family or anything.. so I didn't put a lot of thought in those things
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 01:06 AM
    I don't know of anyone who doesn't like to play some kind of sports type game. We all like to relax and have fun!

But for you, I don't think that you should consider going into something in sports for a career unless you just excel so much above others in it, that it would be obvious that you should consider doing such a thing.

It's obvious right now that you already excel at a number of languages. Wouldn't you agree?

Let me give the educational requirements for someone going into a career as a professional translator some thought. Okay?

Just think what a boon it would be for students who are also really good at math and physics who don't necessarily know the language in which it is being taught. You could be hired to be their translator!

Dec 30, 2007, 01:11 AM
    True that why I don't think I am going to major in any kind of sports...

To tell you the true.. what you said above is so right... when I came here.. I was a freshman in high school... speaking no english.. no friends and don't know a thing in this country... was a really scary thing... but lucky I have my friends and they you no translating things for me.. help me thought the days...

And to tell you.. when I was in my country.. I already learning everything about AP PHYSIC>>MATH etc... it just that I couldn't understand the english that make me stuck back and starting all over again...
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 01:21 AM
    I know and, I understand. I know that you understand, also.

Just for fun and to take a break here, would you mind typing some simple sentences in the languages that you know and also translating them, if that is possible, depending on the characters?

What do you think? I think that it would be cool! I'd like to see what you can do. Okay?

Just a thought... If you were to be a translator, just think about the people, not just men, but the women that you would be able to meet! :)

Dec 30, 2007, 01:35 AM
    lol... ya I can do that...

it is not possible to do it in chinese (cartonese/mandaran) b.c they not using the same (damn what they call that... ) the alphabe? Lol... I bet you seen chinese before so you no how the shape and how it goes... so I couldn't be written on the computer...

but I can try... like something simple in chinese .like "I LOVE YOU" you can say it in cartonnese like " ngo oai lee" or in mandaran as " wo3 ai4 ni3" lol it sound so funny in english and it written like this in both the languages I speak in chinese

and vietnamese... it much more simple-er.. b.c we using alphabe also... just don't have Z.. J.. W letters...

Chúc Mừng Giáng Sinh = Merry Chrirstmas...
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 01:42 AM
    Okay. That was FAST! Wow! Thanks!

Why do you say Cartonese rather than Cantonese? I do note that Cartonese is something that is listed on the Internet.

Chinese is written in what are called "characters."

Dec 30, 2007, 01:46 AM
    My bad.. sorry about my english...

I still learning and improving my english in.. speaking writing and reading

.. I am you can call a vietnamese... I was born in vietnam.. rise in vietnam.. and live there till I was 15 but both of my parents/family are chinese immagrant to vietnam.. so I learned all my cartonese and mandaran at home... just talking with my family... so I just no how to speak in chinese but don't no how to write nor read... but with vietnamese... I am perfect in those

And also trying to perfect my english.. lol.. hate that when my friends making fun of my accent... and spanish is a pain in the butt T_T lol

How about you?. been talking a lot about me but nothing about you?. care to share ?
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 02:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Simple Asian
    my bad ..sorry about my english...
    how about you ? ...been talking alot about me but nothing about ya ? ...care to share ?
    Sure! No problem sharing! I have been a teacher for a long time, Steven. That is part of the reason that I ask so many question and also try to help people. For a little more about me, please visit my profile on the following link. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/members/clough.html

Please let me know when you are finished reading it.

Dec 30, 2007, 02:05 AM
    Philosophy About Life

A good part of what life is about is making choices, dealing with the cards that one has been dealt and also weighing the costs as compared to the benefits concerning the choices that we make.

I like what you saying... wow... you have a lot of thing going on... huh?. I guess I just open my eyes once again that I still have a lot to learn and a lot to go thought...
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 02:11 AM
    Did you read my whole profile?

Dec 30, 2007, 02:15 AM
    you I did... where do you think I steal the philosophy about life from ? ^^... lol

just one question.. dont feel offence... gender?.

and by reading your profile.. I just want to no.. beign an adult... is that really a big thing?.
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 02:23 AM
    You could have scanned my profile and just zipped down to the bottom of it to copy and paste my philosophy of life. :) ;)

Although, I do believe that you did read the whole thing because I am finding out that you are a real quick study as far as learning is concerned! :p And, I'm finding it to be very enjoyable communicating with you!

In answer to your question about gender, I am a man.

I'm not sure what you mean by "i just want to no ..beign an adult.......is that really a big thing ?..."

Please explain. Thank you!

Dec 30, 2007, 02:31 AM
    Lol... I do scan a bit.. sorry.. but I did gone back and read it all over again.. and believe me it didn't take me that long to read the whole thing..

Lol.. as I am saying.. after I read everything you wrote... I felt like I know no things about this world.. about the real world.. the adult world... the world that I going to and soon will be taking a part in... and the responsibility is just overwhelming me... I just don't think I am up to it yet... becoming an adult...

Would you tell me what to expect when you becoming an adult...

b.c I am going to turn 19 in a month and going off to college isn't making this easy
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 02:46 AM
    Thank you for being honest with me! :p

As far as being an adult with where you are in your life right now and also going to college, you are still under the "wings" of your parents. That will continue for awhile...

You need to be preparing yourself for when you do need to be making it on your own. The time now in your life is when you need to be doing that. This is your practice time. You need to be giving that serious consideration right now as well as acting on the possibility that you will need to take care of yourself in the future. You might have people to help you with things, but there may be times when you are going to have to rely on what you know and how to solve the problems that you will encounter in your life as an adult.

Both of my parents have long since died. I don't have them for any support in this world anymore.

What would you do if your parents were suddenly gone tomorrow? It's hard to imagine, isn't it? Most likely, they won't be gone tomorrow. But, you need to be preparing for the possibility that you might not have them for support. It could actually be, that you will need to be the one that is supporting them!

You are just starting in your life as an adult. I and others are more than willing to guide you how to go about leaving the "nest" and making it on your own.

Are you into the arts at all, such as art, music or drama?

Dec 30, 2007, 03:01 AM
    Yeah... to tell you the true... college is a place that I think going to be tought.. just like when I first came here... knowing nothing... and if you no how I feel it really hard... and rough...

I am sorry to hear about your parents...

But trust me... "the suddenly gone tomorrow"... I have been there last summer... a normal day after get back from school... seeing all my brother and dad all home at 3 afternoon ? Is not a good sight... first words I heard... your mom is in hospital due to a stroke... I was so frustrated... rush up to the hospital... see her... and doctor all like.. sorry... we will try our best.. but she only have 50% chance of live... so be prepare..

And to tell you.. the surgary gone 7 hours straight... to tell you.. I was like O.O' T_T... you no what was I thinking the whole time.. What would I do without her.. what wouldn't I do without her?. she is the woman of the house.. the only woman of the house with 8 other men .father... brothers... me...

And most importantly I was thinking about the last things I said to her.. was the night before that happened.. she was OK... fine.. and even yell at me like " steven it late go to sleep you have school 2morrow ..." lol.. you no what I say to her " MOM go to sleep ..ahhh you so anoying ..."... you no.. I was killing myself out there that 7 hours... like why would I said such words... to her and that the last things I said to her?. the last things was you so anoying mom?.

But luckily she is OK... she alive... but handicap now

Sorry.. about it.. I just kind of went out
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 03:22 AM
    I'm sorry that your mother now is handicapped. But, you know, it's just something that you have to deal with. Life goes on... I am sure that you will be there as best that you can for her. I hope that she is okay, now.

Thank you for being honest and sharing with me! That is what we look for on this site!

From me, "The best students are not those that just do as they have been taught, but also, continue to teach themselves based upon the way that they have been shown to teach themselves." "A teacher is someone who ignites the spark for someone to teach themselves."

All of our lives, we learn. A big part of what any schooling is about, is to teach us how to learn. We are never through. I'm going to repeat that, "We are never through." I learned that from my seventh grade English teacher. It is the only thing that I remember him saying. But, it has stuck with me through the years. What it means is that we are never through learning.

Are you into the arts at all, such as art, music or drama?

How many brothers and/or sisters do you have?
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 04:13 AM
    I do look forward to having further dialogue with you, Steven!
    max52989 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 10:59 PM
    If u like her and she like u just ask her out don't be dumb and make a mistake

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Gossip Girl "Blair" Promo Music (Clip Included) [ 3 Answers ]

I am not sure if these are the words exactly. That's what I hear. I googled them, and I googled other possibilities for what I COULD HAVE heard, but I came up with nothing! I hope someone can help me! Can't you find, what we're after, can't you feel, we are down... slip away, you'll never, make...

WinXP NTFS formatted hard drive is "unallocated" [ 8 Answers ]

Howdy. I recently purchased a 500gb hard drive, hooked it up as the master (cable select on, plugged to end of IDE cable) drive on the secondary IDE channel of the motherboard then initialized and formatted it in WinXP SP2. Once this was done, the drive was recognized as "healthy, working" in...

"Taking a break conv."? Can someone decrypt girl code? [ 7 Answers ]

so my question is about a conv. Me and I guess know my ex had about 6-days ago, a conversation I knew was coming but was dreading at the same time, I had dated her for 8months (well the next day after this conv. Would have been 8 months, I'm a senior in high school btw) A little back ground might...

CSI "Play With Fire" episode [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I am trying to find out the title and artist of the song at the beginning 5 min of the "Play With Fire" episode of CSI that aired the week of May 8th, 2003, just before the body was discovered. If anyone can help me... I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

View more questions Search